Car rentals in Nassau: All you need to know
A Nassau car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You'll be able to check out all the sights, and even find out what the rest of the region has to offer. We've answered the most popular questions about renting a car in Nassau. Find out the dos and don'ts of booking a rental car.
Where can I get a bargain car rental in Nassau?
CarRentals.com always tries to get you the best price. However, to get the most savings when you travel to Nassau you can do a few things. Be sure to:
- Compare the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually get your vehicle of your choice and save more
- Educate yourself on any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. That way you will know the total cost before you rent
- Don't rent more car than you'll need. Commonly, the smaller the class the cheaper the rate
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save on your Nassau rental car.
What rental suppliers have outlets in Nassau?
We have around 7 rental car suppliers to decide from in Nassau. You'll find some of the best suppliers, like Hertz. Read through the reviews to help you figure out which one is best for you.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Nassau?
That depends on how many people you are traveling with and what activities you want to do in Nassau. If you're having a bit of trouble choosing, be sure to read over the chart below. We have compared the most popular vehicle categories for you:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Nassau?
Typically, to rent a car in Nassau you must be at least 21—the same as it is across most of the country. However, you might need to pay a surcharge if you're under 25. Be sure to read over the rental agreement to discover any additional charges will be before you rent your vehicle.
Does Nassau require rental car insurance?
Almost all countries require driver's insurance. You might be able to buy additional insurance through rental car supplier for your trip, if you are concerned your insurance won't cover you while traveling through BHS.Although many major card issuers, like Visa or American Express, offer some insurance, there may be restrictions. For instance, they may not cover your rental car if you book a larger or luxury vehicle. Make sure to check car rental company's policy before you decide.
What are the different fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Below is a list of the most common ones.
You will have to search for a gas station near the drop-off location
What fuel policy do you recommend?
At CarRentals.com, we recommend a full to full policy. You should receive your vehicle with a full tank, and you should return it filled up. For a cheaper rate, it is best to find a gas station before you return the car.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
Unlimited mileage is a good option for travelers who don't want to worry about incurring any extra charges with the distance they drive. Just make sure that your policy really provides unlimited miles. Read the details on mileage limits before you book.
Before you drive off
Make sure you go over a few items before you leave the lot on your Nassau adventure. You should:
- Inspect your car and make certain there is no dents or scratches. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and wipers
- Figure out how to work the navigation and entertainment. It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are driving around a new area
Book your Nassau car rental today
Use CarRentals.com to get the best wheels Nassau has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be cruising between the well-known restaurants, world-famous landmarks, and all the amazing sites in Nassau.