What are the major attractions in Ballena?
The wider Costa Rica region offers some great mountain biking and hiking. So why don't you hop into a rental car, breathe in some fresh, clean air and get close to nature?
What are the best road trip destinations near Ballena?
It's time to see what your new ride is capable of. Road trips into the neighboring areas are just one of the reasons that renting a car here is such a tempting idea. Without one, it'd be much harder to experience everything that Palmar Norte, 19 miles away, has to offer. Once you've stretched out your legs and gotten a bite to eat, it'll be time to see the sights. We suggest starting off with Palmar Norte Park, Palmar Sur Park and Finca 6 Archaeological Site. The locals will also probably point you in the direction of Hatillo, 19 miles away. If you've only got time for one thing here, make sure it's Hacienda Baru. (But we're also big fans of Costa Rica Stand Up Paddle Boarding and Costa Rica Dive and Surf.)
Where are the best beaches near Ballena?
No matter what the weather forecast is, you'll be able to explore the incredible beaches near Ballena from the comfort of your own rental car. As you travel along, keep your eyes open for seagulls circling over these beautiful stretches of coastline:
- Ventanas Beach (2 miles away).
- Arco Beach (2 miles away).
- Tortuga Beach (3 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Ballena?
Here's our top tips on how to hop behind the wheel of a rental car with some extra cash in your wallet:
- Use our nifty filter tool to help point you in the direction of the hottest car rental deals around — and then compare the prices;
- Keep checking your inbox for our fantastic Price Drop Alert. We'll let you know all about all the amazing bargains cruising around your next vacation destination;
- Before you hop behind the wheel, check both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets to make sure you're getting your hands on the best deal around;
- If your vacation is somewhat flexible, adjust your dates slightly to find better prices on different days of the week;
- No one enjoys being slapped with a late fee. Avoid the hassle of having to pay for another day by ensuring your pickup and drop-off times are at similar times;
- Sometimes rental companies offer big incentives to pay right away, so make sure you watch out for these penny-pinching deals;
- Don't let the deal you've been searching for slip through your grasp. Book now and drive away with your ideal set of wheels.