Where is Turkey?
What better way is there to uncover a new country than from behind the wheel of a rental car? You won't have any trouble hitting the road in Turkey after you get up to date on a little bit of basic info. Located on the continent of Europe, Turkey has loads to offer everyone. No trip here could be considered complete without stopping off at the country's capital, Ankara.
What are the major attractions in Turkey?
What's the point of picking up a rental car if you're not going to check out this destination's biggest and best sights? Turkey is home to some truly unforgettable attractions. Here are some you'd be crazy to miss:
- Maiden's Tower (12 miles from the center of Istanbul (and vicinity), Turkey)
- Antalya Aquapark and Dolphinland (2 miles from the center of Antalya, Antalya (region))
- Karaalioglu Park (0.4 miles from the center of Antalya, Antalya (region))
What are the best road trip destinations in Turkey?
With long stretches of glorious highways and inviting open roads, many travelers opt to turn their Turkey vacations into self-drive tours. If you're putting together a road trip to remember, it pays to know which cities to add to your to-do list. Here are some of the most outstanding regions to explore in this exciting place:
- Istanbul (population of 11,174,300)
- Ankara (population of 3,517,200)
- Izmir (population of 2,500,600)
- Bursa (population of 1,412,700)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Turkey?
Below we've listed the best ways to help you save on a car rental:
- A car can take you anywhere — so can the web. Compare the best deals from all the top companies in just a couple of clicks;
- Keep your eyes on your inbox for our awesome Price Drop Alert. We'll give you inside info on all the amazing bargains cruising around your location;
- Before you pick up your keys and jump behind the wheel, check both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets to ensure you're bagging the hottest deal in town;
- If you've got a bit of room to move timing-wise, change your dates to find better prices on different days of the week;
- Do what you can to keep your pickup time and your drop-off time as similar as possible. If you bring back your hire car later than you picked it up, you could be charged an extra day;
- Oftentimes companies reward you big time for paying upfront — keep your eyes peeled for these great deals;
- Book as soon as your vacation dates are set. You'll get the biggest selection early on.