Where is Emsland?
There's something to be said for traveling without a plan. But there's also something comforting about knowing which way you're going. Before you pick up your rental car and coast down the highway, it pays to know something about Emsland. You'll have to book a flight to Germany to reach this amazing destination.
What are the best road trip destinations in Emsland?
Being in control of where you go and what you do is a huge advantage of having your own rental car on vacation. Call the shots during your journey around Emsland and delight in the freedom of exploring its coolest destinations at your own speed. Get to know some (or all) of this place's most outstanding cities:
- Lingen (Ems) (population of 51,300)
- Meppen (population of 34,200)
- Papenburg (population of 34,100)
- Haren (Ems) (population of 22,500)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Emsland?
Below you'll find our top tips to bag the biggest discounts on a rental car:
- Check out as many different bargain car rental deals as you can (we make that task child's play!);
- By entering only your email address into our Price Drop Alert, you'll know all of the best offers for your desired location;
- Research is the key to bagging the best rental bargains in town, so be sure to look into both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you splash cash on your ride;
- You can often save a pretty penny if your plans are flexible. Compare different days and dates and find out what savings you can score;
- See if you can keep the time of your pickup and drop-off the same. If you return your car later than you picked it up, you may be charged a whole extra day;
- If you're hoping to save a pretty penny, pay right away and score some of the best rates around;
- The early bird catches the biggest worm, and also the best deals! Book as soon as possible to drive off with some impressive savings.
What is the most popular rental car category in Emsland?
It's always fun to take time out from the city, and if you do, get set to be richly rewarded. With coastal plains, rivers, and mountains to discover, Emsland knows how to do an exciting day trip. A larger vehicle like an SUV or a four-wheel drive will give you and your passengers more space for those longer rides.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Emsland?
There's loads of choice when it comes to rental cars in Emsland. From sporty models with all the mod cons to zippy compacts that make parking a cinch, you'll find it all here. Choosing your perfect match depends on your budget and what activities you plan on doing. Some road trips are just begging you to splurge on your dream ride, whereas others don't need much more than an engine and four wheels. The choice is yours.
What do I need to know about driving in Weser-Ems?
From parking rules and seat belt requirements to speed limits and cell phone use, there are loads of things to get your head around when driving someplace new. If it's your first time in Emsland, here's what you should know before you climb behind the wheel:
What side of the road do they drive on in Emsland?
Motorists drive on the right side of the road in Emsland. Even though you may be comfortable with the traffic rules, it's always wise to drive a little more carefully in a new destination.
Are there speed limits in Emsland?
Speed limits typically range from 30 km/h to 130 km/h in Emsland and there are penalties for exceeding the limit. Built-up areas usually have a maximum speed of 30 km/h, unless indicated otherwise.
What happens if I get a speeding fine while driving a rental car in Weser-Ems?
In most cases, your chosen car rental company will charge the amount fined to your credit card. Alternatively, the company may share your contact details with local law enforcement agencies so they can send a fine straight to you.
Are seat belts compulsory in Weser-Ems?
Seat belts must be worn in Weser-Ems. However, the rule may not apply for some vehicles, such as those operated by public transportation systems.
Is it illegal to use a cell phone while driving in Emsland?
As long as you have hands-free or Bluetooth functions enabled, you are allowed to use your phone while behind the wheel in Emsland. But ensure you stay focused on the road.
What are the rules around drink driving in Emsland?
In Emsland, it is against the law to operate a vehicle with a BAC (blood alcohol content) higher than 0.05%. If you're in the mood for a drink or two with lunch or dinner, it's a good idea to leave the rental car at your hotel.
Is turning on a red light allowed in Emsland?
Turning on a red light isn't allowed in Emsland. Always be on the alert for traffic signs and lights to ensure you don't breach any traffic laws.