Where is Denmark?
Denmark is ready and waiting. There's no end to the adventures you'll be able to have once you climb into that rental car. To really get the most out of your trip, here's a bit of basic info that everybody ought to know. You'll discover Denmark on the continent of Europe. Zoom into the map and the capital, Copenhagen, will appear. If you're hoping to get an insight into how this country is run, a stop here is highly recommended.
What are the major attractions in Denmark?
What's the point of picking up a rental car if you're not going to soak up this place's biggest and best sights? Denmark boasts some incredible attractions. Here are a few you shouldn't miss:
- Valdemar Palace (Valdemars Slot) (3 miles from the center of Svendborg, Syddanmark)
- Hans Christian Andersen Museum (0.2 miles from the center of Odense, Syddanmark)
- Odense Zoo (1 mile from the center of Odense, Syddanmark)
What are the best road trip destinations in Denmark?
With almost endless glorious highways and open roads, many travelers opt to turn their Denmark vacations into self-drive tours. If you're organizing the road trip of a lifetime, you'll want to know which destinations to add to your itinerary. Get out and explore some (or all) of this place's most famous cities:
- Copenhagen (population of 1,153,600)
- Odense (population of 145,900)
- Aalborg (population of 122,200)
- Esbjerg (population of 72,200)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Denmark?
We've rounded up the best ways to help you save some serious cash:
- A car can take you anywhere you want to go — so can the web. Compare the hottest deals from the leading rental companies in just a few clicks;
- By entering only your email address (and not your driver's license, life history and cat's middle name) into our Price Drop Alert, you'll stay on top of all the best deals for your desired destination;
- Peruse the bargains at all rental locations around town, being sure to include both the airport and its surrounds. A quick cab journey to a nearby car rental office could mean some impressive savings;
- If your vacation dates are flexible, see if you can get a lower price by switching up the days in your search;
- To avoid paying a late fee or an extra day, aim to keep your pickup and drop-off times the same;
- Keep more cash in your bank account. You'll get some of the best deals when you pay in advance for your rental;
- And lastly, lock in your booking as soon as you can to grab a mountain of savings!