Car rentals in Waterford: All you need to know
A Waterford car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You'll be able to explore all the sights, and even find out what else the rest of the region has to offer. We've collected the most frequently asked questions about car rentals in Waterford. Read on to see which vehicle is perfect for your trip, and how to get the best rates.
Where can I find a bargain rental car in Waterford?
CarRentals.com always strives to get you the best deal. However, there are a more ways to increase your savings. Be sure to:
- Compare daily and weekly rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Check the mileage and fuel policies. You don't want to be surprised with added costs
- Don't rent more vehicle than you'll need. Normally, the smaller the class the lower the rate
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save big on your Waterford rental car.
What rental suppliers have agencies in Waterford?
From budget-friendly brands like Payless and Fox to global names like Ace and Enterprise, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Read through the online reviews to get an idea of which meets your needs.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Waterford?
That depends on your needs and what you'll be doing when you visit Waterford. If you're having difficulty choosing, be sure to look over our chart below. We've compared the most popular vehicle categories for you:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in Waterford?
Usually, to rent a car in Waterford you must be at least 21—the same as it is across the rest of the country. However, you might need to pay a surcharge if you're under 25. Be sure to read the terms to determine any additional charges will be before you book your vehicle.
Is insurance required to rent a car in Waterford?
Most countries require the driver to have insurance. You might be able to buy additional insurance through rental car supplier, if you know your insurance won't cover your rental.Many major card issuers, like Visa or American Express, offer some insurance on your rental; but, there may be restrictions. For example, they may not cover your rental car if you book a larger or luxury vehicle. Make sure to check car rental company's policy before you decide.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Below is a list of the most common ones.
What fuel policy should I get?
Many suppliers offer a variety of fuel policies. However, the stand-out choice is usually full-to-full. You simply bring the car back with the same amount of fuel you got it with.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Waterford?
Unlimited mileage is a good option for travelers who don't want to worry about watching the odometer their whole trip. Just make sure that your policy really provides unlimited miles. Read the details on mileage limits before you book.
Know before you go
Be sure you check a few things prior to leaving the rental lot. It's worth the time to:
- Check out your vehicle and be sure there is no damage or scrapes. If you notice any, write it down on the paperwork
- Inspect the trunk to see if the spare is inflated and the necessary tools to change it are there
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the radio or entertainment features. You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Waterford car rental today
Use CarRentals.com to get yourself the best wheels Waterford has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be going between the well-known restaurants, renowned landmarks, and all the terrific sites in Waterford.