Where is Alaska?
There's plenty to be explored in Alaska, and there's nothing like jumping headfirst into a new adventure with a rental car. Here's a little info to get you started. Alaska is a state of United States of America. Its capital city, Juneau, is home to roughly 31,300 people. Chat with some locals and discover more about the exciting things to see and do here.
What are the major attractions in Alaska?
Awesome sights can be found around almost every corner in Alaska. Buckle your seat belt and we'll tell you about a few of them. Follow the signs until you reach Alyeska Ski Resort. This remarkable attraction is 0.4 miles from the heart of Anchorage and is well worth hopping out of the car for.
What are the best road trip destinations in Alaska?
With almost endless highways and tempting open roads, many travelers opt to turn their Alaska vacations into driving journeys. If you're planning an unforgettable road trip, you'll need to know which destinations to add to your itinerary. Here are some of the most popular cities in this exciting place:
- Anchorage (population of 291,800)
- Fairbanks (population of 31,500)
- Juneau (population of 31,300)
- Sitka (population of 8,900)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Alaska?
Here are our recommendations on how to get behind the wheel of a rental car with some extra cash in your pocket:
- Our convenient filter tool will soon be your new best buddy. Size up the cheapest deals from all of the top car rental companies as quick as a flash;
- Set an email Price Drop Alert for your next vacation destination. You never know what terrific deals will whiz into your inbox;
- Research is the key to getting the best rental deals in town, so be sure to take a look at both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you shell out for your ride;
- You can often save a bundle if your plans are flexible. Look at different days and dates and see what savings you can score;
- To avoid paying a late fee or an extra day, try to keep your pickup and drop-off times as similar as possible;
- Keep more hard-earned dollars in your back pocket. You'll score some of the thriftiest deals when you pay in advance for your rental vehicle;
- Don't let the deal you want slip through your grasp. Book now and zoom off with your ideal set of wheels.
What is the most popular rental car category in Alaska?
Sometimes it's good to think small, especially if you'll be maneuvering the lively streets of Anchorage and Fairbanks. Economy rental cars are the number one choice for travelers in Alaska — and there's so much to love about them. Easily zoom around town, experience fabulous gas mileage, and save money on rental fees. These inexpensive little cars prove bigger doesn't always mean better!
It's always a good idea to take time out from the city, and if you do, you'll be richly rewarded. With fjords, rocky coastlines, and mountains to discover, Alaska offers plenty of day trip opportunities. A bigger vehicle like an SUV or a four-wheel drive will give you and the family more space and comfort for those long, scenic drives.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Alaska?
Sometimes the journey is more significant than the destination, which makes choosing the right car important. If you're about to embark on an amazing road trip around Alaska, a roomy SUV could be your perfect match. If you're looking for a fantastic bargain and plan to stick to city driving, a budget compact is hard to beat. All you have to do is decide what will suit you best, throw your bags in the trunk, and hit the highway.