Where is Wales?
Wales is ready and waiting. There's no end to the new adventures you'll be able to have once you slide behind the wheel of that rental car. To really get the most out of your trip, here's some basic info that everybody should know. Wales is among the diverse countries that make up Europe. Zoom into the map and the capital, Cardiff, will appear. If you're hoping to experience the beating pulse of this country, a visit here is a no-brainer.
What are the major attractions in Wales?
An extraordinary road trip starts with a quality car — together with a few well-known sights along the way! We've got some tips on a few Wales attractions that absolutely beg for a pit stop. Take the wheel and travel in the direction of National Museum Cardiff. This tourist highlight is 0.6 miles from the city of Cardiff. From there, fill up the gas tank and find out why so many people visit Dylan Thomas Centre. This awesome attraction is 0.3 miles from Swansea and just waiting to be checked off your list.
What are the best road trip destinations in Wales?
With an abundance of highways and open roads, many travelers choose to turn their Wales vacations into driving getaways. If you're organizing a road trip of epic proportions, you'll want to know which destinations to put on your itinerary. Get out and explore some (or all) of this place's most well-known cities:
- Cardiff (population of 302,100)
- Swansea (population of 170,900)
- Llanelli (population of 47,200)
- Colwyn Bay (population of 30,800)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Wales?
Here are our top tips on how to hop behind the wheel of a rental car with some savings in your wallet:
- Our handy filter feature will be your new BFF. Compare the cheapest deals from all of the top car rental companies quickly and easily;
- Keep checking your inbox for our fantastic Price Drop Alert. We'll give you the intel on all the amazing bargains cruising around your location;
- Research is the key to scoring the best rental deals in town, so be sure to look into both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you shell out for your ride;
- If your pickup and drop-off dates are not carved in stone, see if you can get a lower price by changing the days of the week in your search;
- No one enjoys being whacked with a late fee. Avoid the stress of having to pay for another day by making sure your pickup and drop-off times are similar;
- Some car rental outlets offer discounts if you pay right away, so keep your eyes peeled for these penny-pinching offers;
- The early bird catches the juiciest worm, and also the best deals! Book as soon as possible to score some great savings.
What is the most popular rental car category in Wales?
Easy to maneuver and fuel-efficient — it's no surprise that compact cars are the most booked category of rental vehicle in Wales. And if you're about to cruise down the lively streets of Cardiff or Swansea, you'll be relieved you chose a smaller set of wheels too. Weave through traffic, fit into tiny parking spots, and navigate narrow lanes — bigger doesn't always mean better!
Don't restrict your adventuring to the urban centers. Wales is home to some breathtaking scenery, such as lakes, sandy shores, and valleys. A ride like a convertible will help you get around them in style. These vehicles are ideal for visitors eager to enjoy the views with the top rolled down. Who doesn't enjoy the sensation of the wind in their hair?
Should I get a luxury rental car in Wales?
You'll be glad to know that there's a wide variety of both high-end and economy rental vehicles on offer in Wales. What you go for depends on how much you're willing to spend and what you're hoping to do. Specialty vehicles are hard to beat if you're all about comfort and class. If you're splurging, why not grab an elite SUV, or perhaps a fancy mid-sized vehicle? Otherwise, if you're just after a set of wheels to whiz around town in at the cheapest price possible, maybe go for an economy vehicle (or something else that's unlikely to break the bank).