Where is Veracruz?
We know you can't wait to throw your luggage in the trunk and hurtle off to Veracruz. But before you slide into the driver's seat, let us give you some facts about the place. This awesome vacation destination is in Mexico. If you're chasing some local knowledge, you shouldn't have too much trouble. Just pull over and strike up a conversation with one of the 568,300 people who call this place their home.
What are the major attractions in Veracruz?
No road trip around Veracruz is complete without a few fascinating detours along the way. When it comes to great attractions, we can point you in the right direction. Follow the signs until you find yourself at Veracruz Cathedral. This impressive attraction is 0.4 miles from the heart of Veracruz and is well worth hopping out of the car for.
What are the best road trip destinations in Veracruz?
Veracruz is a fantastic place to cruise the open road behind the wheel of your own rental car. Crank up the music and enjoy the freedom of exploring all the region's gems scattered between each of its most famous destinations. Here are some of the most popular regions to visit in this exciting place:
- Veracruz (population of 568,300)
- Xalapa (population of 425,100)
- Coatzacoalcos (population of 230,700)
- Poza Rica (population of 174,500)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Veracruz?
Here are some of our top recommendations if you're looking to score the best deal on a car rental:
- Our terrific filter feature will soon be your new BFF. Scan the cheapest deals from all of the top rental car companies as quick as a flash;
- Keep checking your inbox for our terrific Price Drop Alert. We'll give you inside info on all the great deals cruising around your next vacation destination;
- Research is the key to bagging the cheapest rentals deals in town, so be sure to look into both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you lock in your ride;
- If your vacation dates are not carved in stone, try scoring a lower price by switching up the days in your search;
- Nobody likes being whacked with a late fee. Avoid the trouble of having to pay for an extra day by making sure your pickup and drop-off times are similar;
- Oftentimes companies reward you for prepaying — keep your eyes open for these money-saving offers;
- Make your booking as soon as your vacation dates are finalized. You'd hate to miss out because you left it too late!
What is the most popular rental car category in Veracruz?
Who needs extra frills? Economy cars are the most popular sort of rental car for travelers in Veracruz, and for many good reasons. You'll experience great fuel economy as you cruise around the streets of Veracruz and Xalapa in this small vehicle. They're agile, a dream to park, and easy on the hip pocket.
Of course, Veracruz is known for its glaciers, streams, and tablelands. It would be a shame not to leave the city to discover those dazzling vistas. If that sounds like something you'd be into, consider booking an SUV or a full-size vehicle. Even if you don't think you'll travel off-road, you'll be glad you have all that extra space.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Veracruz?
There's plenty of choice when it comes to renting a car in Veracruz. From people-movers with plenty of room to spare to zippy compacts that make parking a cinch, you'll find it all here. Deciding on your perfect match of course depends on your budget and what activities you've got planned. There are some road trips that are just begging you to splurge on your dream ride, whereas others don't need anything more than a bargain, no-frills type model. Which car will you be sliding behind the wheel of this time?