Where is Tungurahua?
Nothing tops dropping the windows of your rental car and hurtling down lengthy stretches of asphalt. But before you drive away on a big adventure in Tungurahua, how about learning a bit about this vacation hot spot? This amazing destination is located in Ecuador.
What are the best road trip destinations in Tungurahua?
Adventure is waiting for you around every corner of this enticing area. Tungurahua is one of those places where the journey is just as exciting as each of its stunning destinations. With your own set of wheels, you can take as long as you like discovering every square inch of it. Get out and explore some (or all) of this place's most well-known cities:
- Ambato (population of 154,400)
- Pelileo (population of 16,600)
- Baños de Agua Santa (population of 9,500)
- Pillaro (population of 7,500)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Tungurahua?
Avoid paying an arm and a leg for a rental car by following these top tips:
- Use our nifty filter tool to steer you in the direction of the hottest car rental deals in town — and then compare the prices;
- Set up an email Price Drop Alert for your upcoming vacation destination. You never know what terrific bargains will make a detour to your inbox;
- Check the bargains at all rental locations around town, being sure to include both the airport terminal and its surrounds. A brief cab trip to a nearby rental car center may mean substantial savings;
- If your vacation dates are not carved in stone, try scoring a better price by switching up the days in your search;
- So you don't end up paying for an extra day or a late fee, aim to keep your pickup and drop-off times the same;
- If you'd love to save a pretty penny, pay in advance and score some of the cheapest rates around;
- And lastly, lock in your booking as soon as you can to score a truckload of savings!
What is the most popular rental car category in Tungurahua?
Sometimes it pays to think small, particularly if you'll be driving down the lively streets of Ambato and Pelileo. Economy rental cars are the number one pick for travelers in Tungurahua — and there's a whole lot to love about them. Zip around town easily, get fabulous gas mileage, and most importantly, save on rental rates. These thrifty small vehicles prove bigger doesn't always mean better!
It's always a great idea to get out of the city, and if you do, you'll be handsomely rewarded. With rivers, snowfields, and foothills to marvel at, Tungurahua offers loads of day trip opportunities. A larger vehicle like an SUV or a four-wheel drive will give you and your passengers more comfort and space for those longer drives.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Tungurahua?
First of all, there's a great range of both luxury and economy rentals in Tungurahua. What you end up going with is largely dependent on how much you're willing to spend and what you plan to do. Specialty vehicles offer unparalleled comfort and class. If you want to indulge yourself, why not pick up an SUV with all the bells and whistles, or perhaps a slick medium-sized sedan? Otherwise, if you're just after a car to zip around town in as efficiently as possible, stick with a no-frills compact vehicle (or something else that won't burn a hole in your wallet).