Car rentals in Suriname: All you need to know
You need a great automobile to get around Suriname whether you're traveling for a business trip or a vacation. Explore the famous sites around town and park in front of the popular restaurants in Suriname. CarRentals.com has gathered your most popular questions about car rentals in Suriname. Keep reading to see how to get the best rates on your ideal vehicle.
Where do I get a bargain rental car in Suriname?
CarRentals.com makes it a cinch to snag budget-friendly rates. Just enter your travel dates and scroll through the variety of rental car suppliers, pick the top rental locations, and find the best packages Suriname has to offer. You can also:
- Compare the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually get your car of your choice and save more
- Learn about any cost for mileage limits, fuel policy, and additional drivers. That way you will know the total cost before you book
- Don't get more vehicle than you'll need. Usually, the smaller the class the lower the rate
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save big on your Suriname rental car.
What rental suppliers have outlets in Suriname?
From budget-friendly brands like Budget and Thrifty to global names like Hertz and Sixt, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Look through the online reviews to help you figure out which one is best for you.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Suriname?
That depends on how many people you are traveling with and what activities you want to do in Suriname. If you're having trouble deciding, be sure to read over our table below. We have compared the most popular categories for you:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Suriname?
Usually, to rent a car in Suriname you must be at least 21. However, there might be an additional fee if you are under 25 or for larger or higher category vehicles. Read through the terms to determine what any additional charges will be before you rent your car.
Does Suriname require rental car insurance?
When cruising through Suriname or the rest of country, you'll need insurance. Many suppliers need proof of insurance before you pick up your car. The majority of countries require driver's insurance. You may be able to buy interim insurance with the rental supplier.
The major credit card issuers (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover) will generally cover your car rental. But many of them have restrictions, like not covering larger vehicles like trucks or SUVs. Make sure to call and find out what kind of coverage is offered before you head to Suriname.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Here is a list of the typical policies.
What fuel policy do you recommend?
We suggest a full to full policy. You receive the vehicle with a full tank, and you should bring it back it with a full tank of gas. If you want to save some money, fill up your tank before you return the car.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
Unlimited mileage is a good option for travelers who don't want to worry about incurring any extra charges with the distance they drive. Just make sure that your policy really provides unlimited miles. Check the details on mileage limits before you book.
Tips before you leave the lot
Before you get going on your Suriname trip, check a few items before you leave the lot. It's important to:
- Look over the vehicle and make sure there is no dents or scratches. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Check the trunk to see if the spare is inflated and both the lug wrench and jack are there
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the radio or entertainment features. It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are navigating a new region
Book your Suriname car rental today
You know you can depend on a great ride that will result in more extra money in the bank when you reserve your car rental with CarRentals.com. Cash in on cheap deals on your Suriname car rental when you book with CarRentals.com. See you on the road.