Car rentals in Surfers Paradise: All you need to know
A Surfers Paradise car rental allows you to go where you want, when you want. You can explore all the sights, and even see what else the rest of Queensland has to offer. We've answered your most popular questions about renting a car in Surfers Paradise. Read on to see the dos and don'ts of booking a rental car.
How do I get a bargain rental car in Surfers Paradise?
CarRentals.com makes it easy to book the best deals. Just type in your travel dates and scroll down the list of rental car suppliers, choose the top rental locations, and find the best offers in Surfers Paradise. You can also:
- Compare and contrast weekly and daily rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Learn about any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. This way you will know the true cost before you book
- Don't get more vehicle than you need. Typically, the smaller the class the lower the rate
Even a little rental car know-how can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental suppliers have agencies in Surfers Paradise?
From global names like Hertz and Sixt to budget-friendly brands like Payless and Fox, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Look through the reviews to get an idea of which meets your needs.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Surfers Paradise?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this Queensland metropolis means you're bound to find a vehicle that is perfect for you. Some options include:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in Surfers Paradise?
Typically, the age limit for car rentals in Surfers Paradise is 21—the same as it is across the rest of the country. If you are under 25, you might also need to pay a surcharge. Be sure to read the rental agreement to discover any additional charges will be before you rent your vehicle.
Is insurance required to rent a car in Surfers Paradise?
Insurance is required, no matter where you rent a vehicle. Nevertheless, your current car insurance may cover you. Additionally, if you pay for the rental in full using your credit card, the card's policy may also insure you. Keep in mind, those policies might not totally cover your rental, and you'll need to add it to your booking for Surfers Paradise. Check in advance and, if it is necessary, you can simply include it at the CarRentals.com checkout.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Here is a list of the typical policies.
You will need to search for a gas station near your car rental supplier
What fuel policy do you recommend?
We encourage a full tank policy. You pick up your rental with the needle at "F". If you return the rental with less than the amount you received it with, most companies will charge a premium to top it back off. To avoid any added expenses, it is best to find a gas station before you bring the car back.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
If you plan to check out all that Surfers Paradise offers, you are going to need unlimited miles. You won't have to worry about extra charges if you decide to drive all over Surfers Paradise. Read the fine print to make certain they are actually "unlimited."
Before you leave the lot
Before you get going on your Surfers Paradise vacation, go over a few things prior to leaving the rental lot. You should take time to:
- Look over the car and make certain there is no damage or scrapes. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Get comfortable working the navigation and entertainment. It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are navigating a new city
Book your Surfers Paradise rental car today
Use CarRentals.com to get yourself the best wheels Surfers Paradise has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be cruising between the highly-rated restaurants, world-famous landmarks, and all the amazing sites in Surfers Paradise.