Where is Rhineland-Palatinate?
The clock is ticking. Don't fritter away valuable vacation time sitting on the bus. Secure a rental car and enjoy the freedom of having your own set of wheels. Before you hit the road, here are some key details about Rhineland-Palatinate. Rhineland-Palatinate is a state of Germany. You might like to make your first stop its capital city, Mainz. Around 185,000 people live here.
What are the best road trip destinations in Rhineland-Palatinate?
Adventure is waiting for you around every corner of this magnificent area. Rhineland-Palatinate is one of those special places where the journey is just as thrilling as each of its beautiful destinations. With your own set of wheels, you can take as long or as little as your heart desires exploring all there is to see. Here are the most popular regions to explore in this extraordinary place:
- Mainz (population of 185,000)
- Ludwigshafen (population of 163,200)
- Koblenz (population of 107,300)
- Trier (population of 100,100)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Rhineland-Palatinate?
Here's a round-up of our top recommendations to score the cheapest possible rental car:
- Our terrific filter tool will become your new best friend. Compare the biggest bargains from all over the web quickly and easily;
- Sign up for our Price Drop Alert email service and be in the know when prices become cheaper for your location;
- Before you hop behind the wheel, take a look at both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets to ensure you're getting your hands on the best deal in town;
- If you're not worried about which day of the week you collect the keys to your car and your plans are flexible, experiment with days and dates to find the best rates;
- Pickup and drop-off times typically need to be similar (e.g, both 11 a.m.) or you could be charged for an extra day unnecessarily;
- Keep more dollars in your back pocket. You'll get some of the cheapest deals when you pay in advance for your rental;
- Make your booking as soon as your vacation dates are confirmed. The early bird gets the worm!
What is the most popular rental car category in Rhineland-Palatinate?
If all you want is four wheels and an engine, pick an economy car. They're the most popular type of rental vehicle in Rhineland-Palatinate. Along with all the standard features, they come with added benefits like fantastic fuel economy and affordable rental fees. Grab the keys to one and cruise around Mainz and Ludwigshafen without a hitch.
From rolling hills to rivers and forests, Rhineland-Palatinate offers some striking vistas. Why not take off and enjoy a couple of them? Skip town and set out on some exciting day trips. An SUV is perfect for those longer drives. Able to manage any kind of terrain, these larger vehicles make it a delight to veer off the beaten path.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Rhineland-Palatinate?
For some, owning a luxury vehicle is little more than a pipe dream. But renting your dream car is absolutely within your grasp! Experience the thrill of tearing down the open road in a swanky convertible, even if it's only for a few days. Or maybe all you're chasing is a budget ride to get you quickly and safely from point A to point B. Flashy or thrifty? Whatever you decide, one thing's for sure — there's a rental car to suit your style in Rhineland-Palatinate.