Car rentals in Oxford: All you need to know
An Oxford car rental allows you to go where you want, when you want. You'll be able to explore all the sights, and even see what the rest of England has to offer. We've answered the most frequently asked questions about renting a car in Oxford. Find out how to get the best rates on your ideal vehicle.
Where can I find a great deal on a car rental in Oxford?
CarRentals.com makes it a breeze to book budget-friendly deals. Just type in your travel dates and go through the list of car rental companies, choose the top rental locations, and find the best offers in Oxford. You should also:
- Compare weekly and daily rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually get your vehicle of your choice and save more
- Check the mileage and fuel policies. This way you'll avoid any surprises on your final bill
- Don't get more car than you need. Typically, the smaller the class the cheaper the rate
Even a little knowledge can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental companies have agencies in Oxford?
From budget-friendly brands like Dollar and Thrifty to global names like Advantage and Hertz, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Scan through the reviews to help you figure out which is best for your next trip.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Oxford?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this England town means you're certain to find a car that suits your needs. Some options include:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Oxford?
Typically, to rent a car in Oxford you must be at least 21—the same as it is across most of the country. Additionally, many suppliers charge an extra fee if you are under 25. Be sure to review the supplier's terms to determine any additional charges will be before you rent your car.
Is insurance required to rent a car in Oxford?
When cruising through Oxford or the rest of Great Britain, you will need insurance. Many suppliers require that you show proof of insurance before you rent a car. Most countries require driver's insurance. You may be able to buy temporary insurance through the rental supplier.
The major credit card issuers (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover) will usually cover your car rental. But many of them have restrictions, like not covering larger vehicles like trucks or SUVs. It is best to call and find out what kind of coverage is offered before you travel to Oxford.
What are the different fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Below is a list of the most common ones.
What fuel policy should I get?
Many rental car suppliers offer a range of fuel policies. However, full-to-full is our stand-out winner. You simply bring the car back with the same amount of fuel you got it with.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Oxford?
If you want to check out all that Oxford offers, you are going to want unlimited miles. You can drive as far as you'd like without worrying about additional fees. Review the fine print to make certain your mileage is truly "unlimited."
Tips before you leave the lot
Be sure you check out a few items prior to leaving the rental lot. You should:
- Check out your vehicle and be certain there is no damage or scratches. If so, write it down on your paperwork
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Get comfortable working the radio or entertainment features. It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are navigating a new area
Book your Oxford car rental today
Use CarRentals.com to get the best wheels Oxford has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be cruising between the highly-rated restaurants, famous landmarks, and all the fantastic sites in Oxford.