How can I get a cheap car rental in New Mexico?
Here are our top tips on how to jump behind the wheel of a rental car with some extra cash in your wallet:
- Our nifty filter tool will become your new best buddy. Sift through the cheapest bargains from all of the top car rental companies with just a few clicks;
- Keep an eye on your inbox for our popular Price Drop Alert. We'll let you know about all the great deals cruising around your location;
- Before you pick up your car keys and jump behind the wheel, take a look at both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off locations to make sure you're bagging the best deal in town;
- If you're not worried about which day of the week you get the keys to your car and your plans are flexible, play around with days and dates to find the best rates;
- No one enjoys being whacked with a late fee. Avoid having to pay for another day by making sure your pickup and drop-off times are similar;
- Oftentimes companies reward you handsomely for prepaying — keep your eyes peeled for these offers;
- The early bird catches the biggest worm, and also the best deals! Book now to drive off with some great savings.
What is the most popular rental car category in New Mexico?
Sometimes it's better to think small, particularly if you'll be driving down the streets of Albuquerque and Las Cruces. Economy rental cars are the number one pick for travelers in New Mexico — and there's a good deal to love about them. Zip around town easily, get fabulous gas mileage, and save on rental rates. These thrifty little dynamos prove bigger doesn't always mean better!
Obviously, you can't visit New Mexico without enjoying some of its natural gems. Head out on a road trip around desert landscapes and mountains from the comfort of something bigger, like a full-size car. Pack up your passengers and whatever other supplies you need — these vehicles have plenty of space for your gear and room to move.
Should I get a luxury rental car in New Mexico?
First of all, there's a great range of luxurious rentals in New Mexico. What you go for will depend on your budget and what you're hoping to do. Prestige vehicles are all about comfort and class. If you want to treat yourself, why not go for an SUV with all the bells and whistles, or perhaps a stylish medium-sized sedan? On the other hand, if you're just after a set of wheels to get you around town as cheaply as possible, maybe go for an economy vehicle (or something else that's unlikely to break the bank).