Car rentals in Lima: All you need to know
A Lima car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You can explore all the sights, and even see what else the rest of the region has to offer. We've collected the most popular questions about car rentals in Lima. Read on to find out how to get the best rates on your ideal vehicle.
Where can I find a great deal on a rental car in Lima?
You are on your way to getting the best price on your car rental with CarRentals.com. But, there are ways to get an even lower price on your upcoming rental. Make sure to:
- Read through the mileage policy to prevent any surprise expenses
- Reserve your car rental as far ahead of time as possible
- Avoid airport pick-ups and drop-offs if possible; they generally are more expensive
- Compare daily and weekly rates; you may save more if you rent the car for longer
Even a little knowledge can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental suppliers have outlets in Lima?
We have around 7 rental companies to pick from in Lima. You'll find some of the best companies, like Budget. Scan through the reviews to get an idea of which one meets your needs.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Lima?
That depends on your needs and what activities you want to do in Lima. If you're having trouble choosing, make sure to read over the chart below. We have compared the most popular categories for you:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Lima?
Usually, the age limit for renting a car in Lima is 21. But, you may find that there is an added charge if you're under 25 or for larger or higher category rentals in particular. Go through the terms to determine what any additional charges will be before you reserve your rental.
Will I need insurance to get a car rental in Lima?
Insurance is required, wherever you rent a car. Nevertheless, you could already be covered by your credit card or car policies. Keep in mind, your policies may not cover you 1%, and you'll have to add it to your booking for Lima. Check ahead of time and, if it is necessary, you can conveniently add it at checkout.
What is the difference between all the fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Below is a list of the most common ones.
What fuel policy should I get?
Most suppliers provide you a full tank policy. At CarRentals.com, we recommend bringing it back filled up. To avoid any added expenses, find a filling station before you bring it back. Stations close to airports or car rental places tend to have higher prices.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Lima?
Unlimited miles is a good choice if you decide to do a little sightseeing or visit a lot of customers all over Lima. You can drive as much as you want and not incur added charges. Go over your policy to discover if there are mileage limitations.
What are some must-see sights in Lima?
There is tons to see and do in this city. Lima has around 11 attractions that it is known for. Some of the most popular are:
- Iglesia y Convento de San Francisco
- Huaca Pucllana
- Museo de Arte de Lima
- Plaza de Armas (Plaza Mayor)
Lucky for you, you can cruise to the one you want or visit them all.
Know before you go
Before you get started on your Lima trip, be sure you check a few items before you leave the rental lot. It's worth the time to:
- Inspect the car and make certain there is no damage or scratches. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the entertainment and GPS (if available). It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are navigating a new city
Book your Lima car rental today
When you book with CarRentals.com, you can count on a perfect ride that will leave you with cash to spare. Cash in on cheap deals on your perfect Lima car rental when you book with CarRentals.com. We'll see you around town.