Car rentals in Kedah: All you need to know
A Kedah car rental allows you to go where you want, when you want. You can check out all the sights, and even find out what else the rest of the region has to offer. We've gathered the most frequently asked questions about renting a car in Kedah. Read on to see the dos and don'ts of car rentals.
Where can I find a bargain rental car in Kedah?
You are well on your way to locating the best deal on your car rental when you use us. However, you can try to do a couple things to keep your next rental affordable. Make sure to:
- Read through the mileage policy to prevent any surprise fees
- Reserve your rental car as far in advance as you can
- Avoid airport pick-ups and drop-offs if possible; they tend to be more expensive
- Compare weekly and daily rates; you may save more with a longer rental
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save big on your Kedah rental car.
What rental suppliers have agencies in Kedah?
From budget-friendly brands like Budget and Thrifty to global names like Advantage and Hertz, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Look through the reviews to get an idea of which one is best for your next trip.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Kedah?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this city means you're bound to find a vehicle that suits your needs. Some options include:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Kedah?
Typically, to rent a car in Kedah you must be at least 21—the same as it is across the rest of the country. If you are under 25, you might also need to pay a surcharge. Be sure to read the terms to discover what the total will be before you reserve your rental.
Does Kedah require rental car insurance?
Most countries require driver's insurance. You may be able to buy additional insurance through rental car company for your trip, if you think your insurance won't cover your rental during your trip.Many major card issuers, like Visa and MasterCard, provide some insurance on your rental; however, there may be restrictions. For instance, you may not be covered if you book a larger or luxury vehicle. Check the policy before you decide.
What are the different fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Below is a list of the most common ones.
What fuel policy should I get?
Many rental car suppliers offer a variety of fuel policies. However, the stand-out winner is usually full-to-full. You simply bring the car back with the same amount of fuel you got it with. Just be sure you make time to shop for the cheapest gas prices.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Kedah?
If you want to explore all that Kedah offers, you are going to want unlimited miles. You can drive as far as you'd like without worrying about additional charges. Review the fine print to make sure they are truly "unlimited."
Know before you go
Be sure you check out a few items prior to leaving the rental lot. It's important to:
- Inspect the vehicle and be certain there is no damage or scrapes. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Check the trunk to determine if the spare is properly inflated and both the lug wrench and jack are there
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the entertainment and GPS (if available). It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are navigating a new region
Book your Kedah car rental today
Use CarRentals.com to get the best wheels Kedah has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be driving between the well-known restaurants, world-famous landmarks, and all the must-see sites in Kedah.