Where is Asturias?
Maybe you're the kind of vacationer who plots every precise detail of your trip. Or perhaps you prefer to grab a rental car and go wherever the mood strikes. Whatever gets your motor running, there are some key points about Asturias that you really should know. This awesome destination is located in Spain.
What are the best road trip destinations in Asturias?
Boasting miles and miles of highways and inviting open roads, many travelers opt to turn their Asturias vacations into driving getaways. If you're planning the road trip of a lifetime, you'll want to know which destinations to put on your itinerary. Try to cross off as many of this place's top destinations as you can:
- Gijon (population of 277,600)
- Aviles (population of 84,200)
- Corvera de Asturias (population of 16,000)
- Villaviciosa (population of 14,800)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Asturias?
Here's a rundown of our top suggestions to bag the biggest discounts on a rental car:
- Our convenient filter tool will soon be your new best buddy. Size up the hottest bargains from all of the top car rental companies quickly and easily;
- Register for our Price Drop Alert and be in the know when prices become cheaper for your location;
- Weigh up the bargains at all rental locations, including the airport terminal and its surrounds. A short cab journey to a close-by rental car center might mean significant savings;
- If you're flexible with your schedule, play around with your dates to find better prices on different days of the week;
- Try to keep the time of your pickup and drop-off as similar as possible. If you bring back your rental car at a later time than you picked it up, you might have to pay for an entire extra day;
- Some companies reward you handsomely for prepaying — watch out for these penny-pinching deals;
- Book as soon as your vacation dates are confirmed. The early bird gets the worm!
What is the most popular rental car category in Asturias?
Minis are the most popular sort of rental car in Asturias. Hop into one of these fuel-efficient little runabouts and you can zip around all the sights of Gijon and Aviles with ease. They're roomier than you might expect — you can easily fit your trusty weekend bag in the trunk if you're planning on taking a short road trip.
That all said, Asturias is famous for its caves, streams, and mountains. Many adventurers get out of town to tour these glorious vistas. If you want to do this, consider booking an SUV or a full-size vehicle. Even if you don't plan to venture off-road, you'll be thankful for the extra room.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Asturias?
First of all, there's a huge variety of both luxury and economy rental vehicles on offer in Asturias. What you opt for depends on what you're willing to spend and what you plan to do. Specialty and prestige vehicles offer unparalleled mod cons and comfort. If you're splashing out, why not grab an elite SUV, or perhaps a cushy medium-sized sedan? On the other hand, if you're just after a car to get from A to B as economically as possible, you're better off going with a no-frills compact vehicle (or something else that won't break the bank).