What are the major attractions in Taiwan?
If you're looking for things to see and do on your Taiwan vacation, we can steer you in the right direction. Here are a few of the most renowned attractions in this epic destination:
- Taipei 101 (1 mile from the center of Taipei)
- Taroko National Park (9 miles from the center of Xiulin)
- Taroko National Park (9 miles from the center of Hualien)
What are the best road trip destinations in Taiwan?
Adventure is waiting for you around every twist and turn of this enticing area. Taiwan is one of those places where the journey is just as exciting as every one of its awesome destinations. With your own rental vehicle, you can take as little or as long as you like discovering all there is to see. Try to squeeze in as many of this place's most well-known destinations as you can:
- Taipei (population of 7,871,900)
- Kaohsiung (population of 1,519,700)
- Taichung (population of 1,040,700)
- Tainan (population of 771,200)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Taiwan?
Here are our top tips on how to hit the road with extra cash in your pocket:
- Look into as many different deals as you can (we make that job a breeze!);
- Subscribe to our Price Drop Alert email and immediately find out when prices fall for your location;
- Before you pick up your keys and hop behind the wheel, check both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets to make sure you're getting your hands on the cheapest deal in town;
- If you're not bothered about which day of the week you pick up the keys to your car and your travel plans are flexible, play around with days and dates to find the best deal;
- See if you can keep your pickup and drop-off times the same. If you return your rental car at a later time than you picked it up, you might have to pay for a full extra day;
- Some companies reward you for prepaying — keep an eye open for these deals;
- The early bird catches the juiciest worm, along with the hottest deals! Book as soon as possible to drive off with some excellent savings.
What is the most popular rental car category in Taiwan?
Sometimes it's better to think small, especially if you'll be navigating the buzzing streets of Taipei and Kaohsiung. Economy rental cars are the number one choice for those visiting Taiwan — and there's loads to love about them. Easily zip around town, experience fantastic gas mileage, and save cash on rental fees. These thrifty little cars prove bigger doesn't always mean better!
Don't restrict your adventuring to those urban centers. Taiwan offers some dazzling scenery, such as valleys, beaches, and sandy shores. A set of wheels like a convertible will help you explore them in style. These vehicles are ideal for sightseers hoping to savor the views with the top rolled down. Who doesn't enjoy the sensation of the wind blowing through their hair?
Should I get a luxury rental car in Taiwan?
For some of us, owning a high-end vehicle may be somewhat out of reach. But renting your dream car is far easier than you think! Picture yourself cruising into town in a swish sports car, even if it's only for a little while. Or maybe all you're looking for is a reliable set of wheels to bring you from A to B. Flashy or frugal? Whatever you decide, one thing's for sure — there's a rental car to suit your style in Taiwan.