What are the major attractions in Taiwan?
What's the point of even having a rental car if you aren't going to have a look at this destination's most iconic sights? Taiwan boasts some truly amazing attractions. Here are a few you shouldn't miss:
- Yushan National Park (25 miles from the center of Nantou County, Taiwan)
- National Museum of Natural Science (12 miles from the center of Taichung (and vicinity), Taiwan)
- Maokong Gondola (4 miles from the center of Taipei (and vicinity), Taiwan)
What are the best road trip destinations in Taiwan?
Taiwan is an exciting place to take to the open road behind the wheel of your own rental car. Crank up your favorite playlist and enjoy the freedom of discovering all the region's treasures scattered between each of its best travel destinations. Get to know some (or all) of this place's most well-known cities:
- Taipei (population of 7,871,900)
- Kaohsiung (population of 1,519,700)
- Taichung (population of 1,040,700)
- Tainan (population of 771,200)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Taiwan?
Here's a rundown of our top tips if you're looking to bag the biggest discounts on a rental car:
- Use our handy filter tool to point you towards the hottest car deals around — and then compare the prices;
- Keep your eyes on your inbox for our terrific Price Drop Alert. We'll let you know all about all the unbeatable bargains cruising around your next vacation destination;
- Before you pick up your keys and hop behind the wheel, take a look at both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets to make sure you're bagging the hottest deal in town;
- If your vacation dates are not yet confirmed, try scoring a lower price by modifying the days of the week in your search;
- No one enjoys being hit with a late fee. Avoid paying for an extra day by making sure your pickup and drop-off times are around the same time;
- Keep more cash in your wallet. You'll score some of the best deals when you pay in advance for your rental;
- It's best to book as soon as your dates are finalized. You'd hate to miss out because you left it too late!