Where is St. Lucia?
Driving in a new country is a daunting thought for some, but you don't have to stress. Get up to date on the following facts and you'll be cruising your rental car through St. Lucia before you know it. Located on the continent of Caribbean, St. Lucia has plenty to offer every type of traveler. No trip here would be complete without stopping off at the country's capital, Castries.
What are the major attractions in St. Lucia?
You might have trouble scoring a parking spot right out the front of these popular attractions, but believe us — they're most definitely worth a little walk. The best thing about an adventure in St. Lucia is checking these off your bucket list:
- Sulphur Springs (1 mile from the center of Soufriere, St. Lucia)
- Soufriere Volcano (1 mile from the center of Soufriere, St. Lucia)
- Anse Chastanet Beach (1 mile from the center of Soufriere, St. Lucia)
What are the best road trip destinations in St. Lucia?
St. Lucia is a wonderful place to take to the highways and byways behind the wheel of your own rental car. Turn up the music and enjoy the freedom and independence of discovering all the region's gems dotted between each of its most appealing tourist destinations. Try to squeeze in as many of this place's most famous destinations as you can:
- Castries (population of 20,000)
- Vieux Fort (population of 4,600)
- Micoud (population of 3,400)
- Soufriere (population of 2,900)
How can I get a cheap car rental in St. Lucia?
Avoid spending a fortune on a rental car by following these top tips:
- Browse as many different deals as you can (we make that task a piece of cake!);
- By submitting only your email address (and not your driver's license, life history and dog's middle name) into our Price Drop Alert, you'll be informed of all the best offers for your chosen destination;
- Look at the deals at all rental locations, including the airport and its surrounds. A brief cab drive to a nearby car rental facility may result in some generous savings;
- If you've got a bit of wriggle room timing-wise, change your dates to find cheaper prices on different days of the week;
- To avoid paying for an extra day or a late fee, aim to keep your pickup and drop-off times as similar as possible;
- Sometimes companies reward you big time for paying upfront — watch out for these penny-pinching offers;
- It's best to make a reservation as soon as your vacation dates are finalized. The early bird catches the worm!