Car rentals in Shropshire: All you need to know
You need a great car to get around Shropshire whether you're traveling for a business or pleasure. Check out the famous sites around town and pull up in front of the best restaurants in Shropshire. CarRentals.com has gathered the most popular questions about renting a car in Shropshire. Find out how to get the best rates on your ideal vehicle.
How do I find a bargain car rental in Shropshire?
CarRentals.com makes it easy to grab budget-friendly deals. Simply enter your travel dates and go down the variety of car rental companies, pick the top rental locations, and find the most wallet-friendly offers in Shropshire. You can also:
- Read through the mileage policy to avoid any surprise expenses
- Reserve your car rental as far ahead of time as possible
- Avoid airport pick-ups or drop-offs if possible; they tend to be pricier
- Compare daily and weekly rates; you might save more if you rent the car for longer
Even a little knowledge can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental companies have outlets in Shropshire?
From budget-friendly brands like Thrifty and Budget to global names like Ace and Enterprise, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Read through the reviews to help you figure out which one meets your needs.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Shropshire?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this England city means you're bound to find a car that is perfect for you. Some options include:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in Shropshire?
Typically, to rent a car in Shropshire you must be at least 21—the same as it is across most of the country. Additionally, many suppliers charge an extra fee if you are under 25. Be sure to read over the terms to discover any additional fees will be before you reserve your rental.
Is insurance required to rent a car in Shropshire?
Insurance is mandatory, no matter where you're renting a car. Nevertheless, your current car insurance may cover you. Additionally, if you pay using your credit card, the card's policy may also insure you. Keep in mind, those policies may not provide 100% coverage, and you'll have to add it on to your booking. Check in advance and, if it's needed, you can just add it at checkout.
What is the difference between all the fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Here is a list of the typical policies.
What fuel policy do you recommend?
Most rental car companies provide you a full to full tank policy. We suggest returning it filled up. If you want to save some money, it is best to find a filling station before returning the rental.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Shropshire?
If you wish to explore all that Shropshire offers, you are going to want unlimited miles. You can drive as far as you'd like without worrying about additional fees. Go over the fine print to make certain they are actually "unlimited."
Tips before you leave the lot
Before you begin on your Shropshire vacation, check a few items before you leave the lot. You should:
- Walk around the car and make certain there is no dents or scratches. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Inspect the trunk to determine if the spare is properly inflated and the necessary tools to change it are there
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Get comfortable working the radio or entertainment features. You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Shropshire car rental today
Use CarRentals.com to get the best wheels Shropshire has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be going between the great restaurants, renowned landmarks, and all the fantastic sites in Shropshire.