Where is Okinawa?
We know you can't wait to fling your gear in the trunk and zoom off to Okinawa. But before you jump into the driver's seat, let us give you a few facts about the place. Some 125,500 people call this awesome vacation destination in Japan home. Why not hop out of the car and introduce yourself to some of them? If you're lucky, they might just give you some advice about what to do and see while you're here.
Where are the best road trip destinations in Okinawa?
The journey is certainly half the fun when you have your own rental car. The most popular destinations in Okinawa are linked by miles of highways where good times await and your sightseeing possibilities are boundless. Here's a rundown of this destination's top cities to add to your program:
How can I get a cheap car rental in Okinawa?
Avoid paying through the nose for a rental car by following our recommendations:
- A car can take you wherever you want to go — so can the web. Compare the best deals from all the top companies in just a few clicks;
- Sign up for our Price Drop Alert email service and be informed immediately when prices fall for your next vacation destination;
- Scan the offers at all rental locations around town, being sure to include both the airport and its surrounds. A brief cab journey to a nearby rental car outlet may result in some generous savings;
- If you have some wiggle room in your schedule, alter your dates to find lower prices on different days of the week;
- No one likes being charged a late fee. Avoid paying for another day by making sure your pickup and drop-off times are similar;
- Sometimes companies reward you big time for paying upfront — keep an eye out for these penny-pinching offers;
- Don't let the deal you've been searching for slip through your fingers. Book as soon as possible and secure your ideal set of wheels.
What is the most popular rental car category in Okinawa?
Who needs all those extra bells and whistles? Economy cars are the most popular sort of rental car for visitors to Okinawa, and for good reason. You'll experience terrific fuel economy as you cruise down the streets of Naha and Nago in this small vehicle. They're a delight to drive, easy to park, and easy on your bank balance.
Don't restrict yourself to those big cities. Okinawa boasts some sensational scenery, such as rocky coastlines, coral reefs, and sandy shores. A ride like a convertible will help you discover them in style. These rentals are ideal for sightseers who want to drink in the views with the top down. Who doesn't adore the sensation of the wind blowing through their hair?
Should I get a luxury rental car in Okinawa?
There's plenty of choice when it comes to renting a car in Okinawa. From swish SUVs with loads of space for luggage to easy-to-park compacts, you'll find it all here. Choosing your ride depends on how much you'd like to spend and what activities you plan on doing. Some road trips are just begging you to splurge on your dream ride, whereas other adventures require no more than an engine and four wheels. Which car will you be sliding behind the wheel of this trip?