Where is Norway?
Driving in unfamiliar territory can be unnerving for some, but there's no need to worry. Get up to date on the following info and you'll be guiding your rental car along the roads of Norway in no time at all. Norway is among the fascinating countries that make up Europe. Zoom deeper into the map and the capital, Oslo, will jump out at you. If you're hoping to experience this country's beating pulse, a visit here is highly recommended.
What are the major attractions in Norway?
Unmissable sights are around almost every corner in Norway. Sit down, buckle up and we'll tell you about a few of them. Viking Ship Museum is 2 miles from the center of Oslo and should be at the top of your itinerary. You'll need to keep your eyes peeled for a place to park the car though — it's a very popular place.
What are the best road trip destinations in Norway?
Boasting miles and miles of beautiful highways and tempting open roads, many travelers choose to turn their Norway vacations into driving adventures. If you're planning the road trip of a lifetime, you'll want to know which cities to add to your to-do list. Here are some of the most popular regions to explore in this exciting place:
- Oslo (population of 580,000)
- Bergen (population of 213,600)
- Trondheim (population of 147,100)
- Stavanger (population of 121,600)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Norway?
Here are our recommendations on how to hop behind the wheel of a rental car with some extra cash in your wallet:
- Look into as many different bargain deals as possible (we make that job a walk in the park!);
- Keep an eye on your inbox for our terrific Price Drop Alert. We'll keep you informed about all the best deals cruising around your location;
- Check both airport and non-airport pickup outlet locations to make sure you're getting the cheapest offer in town;
- You can often save yourself some dollars if your vacation plans are flexible. Play with different days and dates and find out how much you can save;
- Pickup and drop-off times often need to be around the same time (e.g, both 9 a.m.) or you could be required to pay for an extra day unnecessarily;
- Keep more dollars in your bank account. You'll grab some of the cheapest deals when you prepay your vehicle;
- Finally, lock in your wheels as soon as you can to score yourself a truckload of savings!
What is the most popular rental car category in Norway?
Considering hitting the road in Norway? Pick up the keys to a compact car. Easier to park, good fuel economy, and better agility are just a few reasons they're the top pick in rental cars here. When you cruise around the crowded streets of Oslo or Bergen, a compact car will take the stress out of your trip.
From lakes to caves and shingle seashores, Norway is home to some awesome views. Why not hit the highway and enjoy the very best of them? Leave the city behind and organize some day trips. A full-size SUV is suited to longer drives. With the power to handle all sorts of terrain, these larger vehicles make it a joy to go off the beaten track.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Norway?
For some of us, owning a prestige vehicle is little more than a pipe dream. But renting your dream car can easily be a reality! Imagine rolling into town in a swanky sports car, even if it's only for a short while. Or maybe all you're looking for is a trusty set of wheels to get you safely from A to B. Flashy or frugal? Whatever you're looking for, there's a rental car to suit your style in Norway.