Where is Northwest Territories?
Time is ticking. Don't waste precious vacation time waiting for public transportation. Book a rental car and bask in the freedom of having your own set of wheels. Before you hit the highway, here are some key facts about Northwest Territories. Northwest Territories is a state of Canada. You might like to kick things off in its capital city, Yellowknife. Approximately 15,900 people reside here.
What are the best road trip destinations in Northwest Territories?
Boasting miles and miles of highways and open roads, many travelers choose to turn their Northwest Territories vacations into self-drive tours. If you're embarking on a road trip of epic proportions, you'll want to know which cities are worthy of your bucket list. Get out and discover some (or all) of this place's most well-known cities:
- Yellowknife (population of 15,900)
- Hay River (population of 3,400)
- Inuvik (population of 3,000)
- Fort Smith (population of 2,400)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Northwest Territories?
Here's a round-up of our top tips if you're looking to bag the cheapest possible rental car:
- Our convenient filter tool is about to become your new best friend. Measure up the cheapest deals from all of the top car rental companies with just a few clicks;
- By submitting your email address into our Price Drop Alert, you'll stay up to date with all the best deals for your desired location;
- Scan the bargains at all rental locations around town, being sure to include both the airport and surrounding area. A quick cab trip to a nearby rental car office might reward you with big savings;
- If your vacation dates are flexible, try scoring a lower price by choosing different days of the week in your search;
- Pickup and drop-off times generally need to be around the same time (e.g, both 10 a.m.) or you may be asked to pay for an entire extra day;
- Keep more cash in your back pocket. You'll get some of the thriftiest deals when you pay in advance for your rental vehicle;
- It's best to secure your booking as soon as your vacation dates are set. The earlier you book, the bigger the choice.
What is the most popular rental car category in Northwest Territories?
Embarking on a road trip with family or friends? A standard car is the perfect match. This vehicle is the most popular type of rental car in Northwest Territories for good reason. Four or five people can fit comfortably, and there's ample trunk space and legroom to boot. Road tripping through Yellowknife and Hay River has never been so easy.
Of course, Northwest Territories is well known for its mountains, foothills, and snowfields. Many adventurers get out of the city to tour those picturesque vistas. If you want to do this, book a full-size car or an SUV. Even if you don't plan to venture off-road, you'll be grateful for the extra legroom.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Northwest Territories?
Sometimes the journey is more significant than the destination, which makes your car choice important. If you're about to embark on an amazing road trip around Northwest Territories, a spacious SUV could be the best solution. If you're looking for the best possible price and plan on sticking mostly to the city, a budget compact is a smart pick. All you have to do is decide what suits you best, throw your bags in the back seat, and hit the highway.