Where is Northern Ireland?
Northern Ireland is waiting. There's no end to the new adventures you can have once you hop behind the wheel of that rental car. To squeeze every last drop out of your trip, here's some basic info that everyone ought to know. One of the countries located in Europe, Northern Ireland has lots to offer every kind of traveler. No trip here could be considered complete without stopping by the national capital, Belfast.
What are the major attractions in Northern Ireland?
It's time to embark on your road-tripping journey around Northern Ireland. If you're eager to discover some of its most awesome sights, we can point you in the right direction. Your first port of call ought to be Giant's Causeway, 2 miles from Bushmills. Not just any old attraction, this well-known place draws numerous travelers each and every year.
What are the best road trip destinations in Northern Ireland?
Adventure is waiting for you around every twist and turn of this enticing area. Northern Ireland is one of those special places where the journey is just as thrilling as each of its impressive destinations. With your own ride, you can take as long or as little as you like exploring all there is to see. Try to cross off as many of this place's leading destinations as possible:
- Belfast (population of 274,800)
- Londonderry (population of 87,200)
- Lisburn (population of 77,500)
- Newtownabbey (population of 63,900)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Northern Ireland?
Below we've listed the best ways to help you save some serious cash:
- A car can take you anywhere you want to go — so can the web. Compare the cheapest deals from all the top rental companies in just a few clicks;
- Subscribe to our Price Drop Alert email service and be in the know when prices fall for your desired location;
- Browse the offers at all rental locations around town, being sure to include both the airport and its surrounds. A quick cab trip to a nearby rental car outlet may result in some significant savings;
- If you're not worried about which day of the week you collect the keys to your car and your travel plans are flexible, experiment with days and dates to find the best deal;
- Nobody enjoys getting charged a late fee. Avoid the trouble of having to pay for another full day by making sure your pickup and drop-off times are around the same time;
- Keep more hard-earned dollars in your pocket. You'll score some of the cheapest deals when you pay in advance for your rental;
- Finally, secure your preferred vehicle as soon as you can to bag the biggest savings!
What is the most popular rental car category in Northern Ireland?
Good fun to drive, a piece of cake to park, and highly fuel-efficient — it isn't difficult to see why minis are such a big hit with visitors to Northern Ireland. Rent one and you'll be zooming around the streets of Belfast and Londonderry in no time at all. Planning to venture out and explore a bit more of the area? These nifty vehicles are good for short, scenic outings if you're traveling light.
It's always nice to escape the city, and if you do, you'll be rewarded for your efforts. With sandy shores, shingle seashores, and rocky coastlines to enjoy, Northern Ireland is ripe for exciting day trips. A larger vehicle like a four-wheel drive or an SUV will give you and your passengers more space and comfort for those long, leisurely drives.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Northern Ireland?
You'll be glad to know that there's a huge variety of luxury rentals in Northern Ireland. What you go with will depend on how much you're willing to spend and what you plan to do. Prestige vehicles are all about comfort and class. If you want to indulge yourself, why not grab a high-end SUV, or perhaps an upmarket mid-sized sedan? On the other hand, if you're just after something to get you from A to B as economically as possible, go for an economy compact vehicle (or something else that's unlikely to break the bank).