What are the best road trip destinations in New Caledonia?
With an abundance of glorious highways and inviting open roads, many travelers choose to turn their New Caledonia vacations into driving journeys. If you're planning a road trip of epic proportions, you'll want to know which cities to put on your bucket list. Try to cross off as many of this place's most famous destinations as possible:
- Nouméa (population of 93,100)
- Le Mont-Dore (population of 24,700)
- Dumbéa (population of 19,300)
- Paita (population of 12,600)
How can I get a cheap car rental in New Caledonia?
Avoid spending an arm and a leg on a rental car by following these tips:
- Use our amazing filter feature to steer you toward the hottest car deals around — then compare the prices;
- Keep an eye on your inbox for our Price Drop Alert. We'll give you the intel on all the great deals cruising around your next vacation destination;
- Before you pick up your car keys and jump behind the wheel, check out both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off office locations to make sure you're getting the best deal in town;
- If you're not bothered about which day of the week you get the keys to your car and your travel plans are flexible, experiment with days and dates to find the best deal;
- Pickup and drop-off times often need to be around the same time (e.g, both 11 a.m.) or you may be charged for an extra day unnecessarily;
- Oftentimes companies reward you for paying upfront — keep a lookout for these offers;
- The early bird catches the juiciest worm, and also the hottest deals! Book now to score some great savings.
What is the most popular rental car category in New Caledonia?
Sometimes it pays to think small, especially if you'll be maneuvering the lively streets of Nouméa and Le Mont-Dore. Economy rental cars are the top choice for visitors to New Caledonia — and there's a good deal to love about them. Easily zip around town, enjoy superb gas mileage, and most importantly, save money on rental fees. These affordable little cars prove bigger isn't always better!
Of course, New Caledonia is renowned for its coral reefs, beaches, and rainforests. It would be a shame not to skip town to take in those dazzling vistas. If that sounds good to you, reserve a full-size car or an SUV. Even if you don't intend to take the road less traveled, you'll appreciate the extra legroom.
Should I get a luxury rental car in New Caledonia?
For some, owning a prestige vehicle is the stuff of fairy tales. But renting your dream ride can easily be a reality! Imagine the feeling of rolling into town in a snazzy convertible, even if it's just for a short while. Or perhaps all you need is a dependable set of wheels to get you quickly and safely from point A to point B. Flashy or affordable? Whatever you decide, one thing's for sure — there's a rental car to suit you in New Caledonia.