Where is Namibia?
There's no better way to uncover a new country than from the driver's seat of your very own rental car. You'll have plenty of confidence hitting the wide open road in Namibia after learning some of the basics. Namibia is among the diverse countries that make up Africa. Zoom deeper into the map and the capital, Windhoek, will appear. If you're looking to experience the country's beating pulse, a stop here is a no-brainer.
What are the best road trip destinations in Namibia?
Namibia is an exciting place to take to the highways and back streets in your own rental vehicle. Turn up your favorite playlist and enjoy the flexibility of checking out all the region's treasures dotted between each of its most celebrated tourist destinations. Get out and discover some (or all) of this place's most visited cities:
- Windhoek (population of 268,100)
- Rundu (population of 58,200)
- Walvis Bay (population of 52,100)
- Oshakati (population of 33,600)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Namibia?
Here's a rundown of the best ways to help you save on a rental car:
- Use our clever filter tool to help steer you in the direction of the cheapest car rental rates in town — then compare the prices;
- By entering only your email address into our Price Drop Alert, you'll stay on top of all of the best deals for your destination;
- Before you pick up your car keys and get behind the wheel, take a look at both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets to make sure you're getting the cheapest deal around;
- If you don't mind which day of the week you pick up the keys to your car and your schedule is flexible, play around with days and dates to find the best prices;
- To avoid paying late fees or for a whole extra day, aim to keep your pickup and drop-off times as similar as possible;
- Keep more cash in your bank account. You'll grab some of the best deals when you pay in advance for your rental;
- The early bird catches the worm, along with the best deals! Book as soon as possible to secure some impressive savings.
What is the most popular rental car category in Namibia?
A dream to maneuver and with great gas mileage — it's little wonder that compact cars are the most popular type of rental vehicle in Namibia. And if you plan to explore the lively streets of Windhoek or Rundu, you'll be glad you opted for a smaller car too. Zip past traffic, squeeze into crowded parking lots, and glide down narrow lanes — discover why bigger doesn't always mean better!
From tablelands to canyons and impressive rock formations, Namibia boasts some striking natural areas. Why not hit the road and take in one or more of them? Leave town and arrange some excursions. An SUV is suited to those longer drives. With the ability to manage all types of roads, these larger vehicles make it a joy to steer off the beaten path.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Namibia?
There's loads of choice when it comes to rental cars in Namibia. From SUVs with space to spare to agile compacts, you'll find it all here. Choosing your ride depends on how much you want to spend and what activities you plan on doing. There are some road trips that are just begging you to splurge on your dream ride, whereas other adventures don't need anything more than a bargain, no-frills type model. Which car will you be sliding behind the wheel of this trip?