Where is Mozambique?
Driving in unfamiliar territory can be daunting for some travelers, but you don't have to stress. Read up on the following info and you'll be guiding your rental car down the roads of Mozambique in no time. Mozambique is just one of the countries situated in Africa, a stretch of land that is always ready to surprise and impress. Its capital is Maputo. Home to some of the country's most impressive attractions, it's a wonderful introduction to what this place is about.
What are the best road trip destinations in Mozambique?
With miles and miles of glorious highways and tempting open roads, many travelers opt to turn their Mozambique vacations into self-drive tours. If you're putting together an epic road trip, you'll need to know which cities to add to your bucket list. Get out and discover some (or all) of this place's most well-known cities:
- Maputo (population of 1,191,600)
- Beira (population of 530,600)
- Nampula (population of 388,500)
- Chimoio (population of 256,900)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Mozambique?
Here are our top tips on how to hit the road with some extra cash in your wallet:
- A car can take you anywhere you want to go — so can the web. Compare the best deals from all the top companies in just a couple of clicks;
- Keep your eyes on your inbox for our fantastic Price Drop Alert. We'll keep you informed about all the great deals cruising around your next vacation destination;
- Weigh up the bargains at all rental locations around town, including the airport terminal and its vicinity. A short cab drive to a neighboring rental car center might result in big savings;
- If you're flexible with your schedule, modify your dates to find lower prices on different days of the week;
- To avoid paying a late fee or an extra day, aim to keep your pickup and drop-off times as similar as possible;
- Keep more hard-earned dollars in your wallet. You'll grab some of the thriftiest deals when you prepay your rental vehicle;
- Last of all, secure your favorite set of wheels as soon as possible to bag a load of savings!
What is the most popular rental car category in Mozambique?
Love the idea of seeing Mozambique for the first time through the windows of a deluxe car? Climb into the driver's seat of one of our premium vehicles. Offering the ultimate in style and comfort, high-quality luxuries like heated seating and the latest entertainment systems are common in these types of cars. Whether you're going to Maputo or Beira for business or leisure, you're sure to have a memorable journey.
That said, Mozambique is well known for its beaches, coral reefs, and coastal plains. Many eager adventurers leave the city limits to tour those breathtaking scenes. If that sounds good to you, rent an SUV or a full-size car. Even if you don't intend to take the path less traveled, you'll value the extra room.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Mozambique?
You're spoiled for choice when it comes to rental cars in Mozambique. From spacious SUVs with plenty of trunk space to economy rides that are a snap to park, you'll find it all here. Deciding on your perfect match depends on how much you'd like to spend and what you intend to do. There are some road trips that are just begging you to splurge on your dream ride, whereas other adventures don't need much more than an engine and four wheels. The choice is yours.