Where is Michoacan?
There's something to be said for traveling without a plan. But sometimes you've just got to know where you're going. Before you hop in your rental car and glide down the freeway, it's good to know a little bit about Michoacan. Find out a bit about Mexico, because that's where you'll need to go to kick start your adventure.
What are the best road trip destinations in Michoacan?
With miles and miles of glorious highways and open roads, many travelers opt to turn their Michoacan vacations into driving journeys. If you're organizing an amazing road trip, you'll need to know which destinations to put on your bucket list. Here are some of the most outstanding regions to explore in this incredible place:
- Morelia (population of 592,800)
- Uruapan (population of 237,300)
- Zamora (population of 124,900)
- Apatzingan (population of 98,400)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Michoacan?
Avoid paying a fortune for a rental car by following our top tips and tricks:
- Use our handy filter tool to steer you in the direction of the hottest car rental deals around — and then compare the prices;
- Subscribe to our Price Drop Alert email and immediately discover when prices get lower for your desired location;
- Broaden your search to include both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off locations to make sure you're scoring the best possible deal in town;
- If you've got a bit of elbow room timing-wise, adjust your dates to find cheaper prices on different days of the week;
- Do what you can to keep your pickup and drop-off times the same. If you bring back your rental car at a later time than you picked it up, you may be charged a whole extra day;
- Sometimes rental outlets offer discounts if you pay right away, so keep an eye out for these kinds of deals;
- Don't let the deal you've been searching for slip through your grasp. Book as soon as possible and secure your ideal set of wheels.