Where is Mauritius?
What better way could there be to discover a new country than from behind the wheel of your very own rental car? You'll have plenty of confidence hitting the wide open road in Mauritius after you bring yourself up to date on a few basics. Located on the continent of Africa and Indian Ocean, Mauritius has lots to offer every kind of traveler. No trip here would be complete without stopping off at the country's capital, Port Louis.
What are the major attractions in Mauritius?
Raring to take off on your Mauritius vacation? Thinking about what sort of things to include in your schedule? Don't worry — we're here to steer you in the right direction. Here are the most iconic attractions in this thrilling destination:
- Grand Bay Beach (0.2 miles from the center of Grand Bay, Mauritius)
- Trou aux Biches Beach (0.6 miles from the center of Trou aux Biches, Mauritius)
- Pamplemousses Botanical Garden (0.2 miles from the center of Pamplemousses, Mauritius)
What are the best road trip destinations in Mauritius?
Adventure awaits around every corner of this enticing country. Mauritius is one of those places where the journey is just as exciting as every one of its impressive destinations. With your own set of wheels, you can spend as long as you like discovering every one of its hidden treasures. Explore some (or all) of this place's most visited cities:
- Triolet (population of 23,300)
- Goodlands (population of 20,900)
- Pailles (population of 10,600)
- Petit Raffray (population of 9,100)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Mauritius?
Below you'll find our top suggestions to score the best price on a rental car:
- A car can take you anyplace — so can the web. Compare the cheapest deals from all the top rental companies in just a couple of clicks;
- Set an email Price Drop Alert for your forthcoming vacation destination. You never know what great bargains will make a pit stop in your inbox;
- Check both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off locations to make sure you're receiving the cheapest offer around;
- If your vacation is somewhat flexible, play around with your dates to find cheaper prices on different days of the week;
- No one likes getting a late fee. Avoid the stress of having to pay for another day by ensuring your pickup and drop-off times are around the same time;
- Keep more cash in your pocket. You'll grab some of the cheapest deals when you prepay your rental vehicle;
- Book as soon as your dates are finalized. The early bird gets the worm!