Where is Mauritius?
There's no finer way to explore a new country than from behind the wheel of a rental car. You won't have any trouble hitting the road in Mauritius after you bring yourself up to date on some of the basics. Mauritius is among the diverse countries that make up Africa. Zoom deeper into the map and the capital, Port Louis, will jump out at you. If you'd like to experience the beating pulse of this country, a stop here is highly recommended.
What are the best road trip destinations in Mauritius?
Mauritius is the perfect place to hit the highways and byways in your own set of wheels. Crank up the radio and enjoy the flexibility of visiting all the hidden gems scattered between each of its most famous destinations. Discover some (or all) of this place's most well-known cities:
- Triolet (population of 23,300)
- Pailles (population of 10,600)
- Bon Accueil (population of 6,600)
- Petite Riviere (population of 5,300)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Mauritius?
Here are our top tips on how to jump behind the wheel of a rental car with some savings in your wallet:
- Use our amazing filter feature to steer you toward the cheapest car rental rates in town — and then compare the prices;
- Set up an email Price Drop Alert for your upcoming vacation destination. You never know what awesome deals will drive straight into your inbox;
- Research is the key to bagging the best rental deals in town, so be sure to look into both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you lock in your ride;
- You can often save yourself some dollars if your plans are flexible. Look into different days and dates and find out how much you can save;
- Nobody likes getting charged a late fee. Avoid paying for an extra day by ensuring your pickup and drop-off times are around the same time;
- Some companies reward you for paying upfront — watch out for these kinds of deals;
- It's best to book as soon as your dates are locked in. You'll get the biggest selection early on.
What is the most popular rental car category in Mauritius?
Want something that won't cost a fortune? Consider an economy car. This dependable vehicle is the most popular category of rental car in Mauritius (and perfect if you're on a tight budget). Put gas in the tank for less and you'll be easily navigating cities like Triolet and Goodlands in no time.
Don't limit your adventures to those urban centers. Mauritius is home to some unmissable scenery, such as beaches, forests, and mountains. A ride like a convertible will help you get around them in style. These rental vehicles are perfect for visitors who'd like to drink in the views with the top down. Who doesn't enjoy the sensation of the wind through their hair?
Should I get a luxury rental car in Mauritius?
For some, owning a prestige vehicle is the stuff that dreams are made of. But renting your dream ride can easily be a reality! Imagine the feeling of rolling into town in a fancy sports car, even if it's only for a few days. Or perhaps all you're looking for is a set of wheels to get you quickly from point A to point B. Flashy or thrifty? Either way, there's a rental car to suit you in Mauritius.