Where is Malawi?
Malawi is ready and waiting. There's no end to the new experiences you can have once you hop behind the wheel of that rental car. To really get the most out of your trip, here are a few basics that everyone should know. One of the countries located in Africa, Malawi has something to offer every type of traveler. No trip here could be considered complete without stopping off at the nation's capital, Lilongwe.
What are the best road trip destinations in Malawi?
Adventure is waiting for you around every corner of this wonderful area. Malawi is one of those places where the journey is just as exciting as each of its awesome destinations. With your own set of wheels, you can take as long or as little as your heart desires exploring all there is to see. Try to tick off as many of this place's most famous destinations as you can:
- Lilongwe (population of 646,800)
- Blantyre (population of 584,900)
- Mzuzu (population of 175,300)
- Zomba (population of 80,900)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Malawi?
We've compiled our best tips and tricks to help you save on a car rental:
- A car can take you wherever you want to go — so can the web. Compare the hottest deals from all the top companies in just a couple of clicks;
- Subscribe to our Price Drop Alert service and be informed immediately when prices fall for your destination;
- Include both airport and non-airport pickup office locations to make sure you're bagging the best price around;
- If you don't mind which day of the week you pick up the keys to your car and your plans are flexible, play around with days and dates to find the hottest deal;
- If possible, keep the time of your pickup and drop-off the same. If you return your rental car at a later time than you picked it up, you may be charged a whole extra day;
- If you're hoping to save a few dollars, pay in advance and score some of the thriftiest rates around;
- And lastly, secure your preferred vehicle as soon as you can to grab a mountain of savings!
What is the most popular rental car category in Malawi?
In search of something that won't cost a fortune? Enter the economy car. This efficient small vehicle is the most popular sort of rental car in Malawi (and a dream if you're on a tighter budget). Fill up the tank on the cheap and you'll be zipping around cities like Lilongwe and Blantyre in no time.
From lakes to rural landscapes and impressive rock formations, Malawi is home to some spectacular natural sights. Why not hit the road and see one or two of them? Escape the city and organize some day trips. An SUV is a perfect match for those longer drives. With the power to manage all types of roads, these larger vehicles make it simple to get off the beaten path.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Malawi?
Sometimes the journey is more significant than the destination, which makes your car choice particularly important. If you're about to head off on an epic road trip around Malawi, a robust and stylish SUV could be a good choice. If you'd like the cheapest price possible and plan on doing a lot of city driving, a budget compact is a smart pick. All you have to do is decide what's going to be the best fit, throw your bags in the back seat, and hit the road.