Car rentals in Guanacaste: All you need to know
A Guanacaste car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You can explore all the sights, and even find out what the rest of the area has to offer. We've collected the most popular questions about car rentals in Guanacaste. Keep reading to find out the dos and don'ts of renting a car.
Where can I get a great deal on a rental car in Guanacaste?
We always strive to get you the best price. However, you can remember a few things to keep your upcoming rental affordable. You can:
- Compare and contrast all the deals available
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually get the car of your choice and save more
- Check the fuel and mileage policies. This way you'll avoid any surprises on your final bill
- Determine what car you'll need for your vacation. Don't get more car than you need
Even a little knowledge can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental suppliers have outlets in Guanacaste?
From global names like Enterprise and Hertz to budget-friendly brands like Fox and Budget, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Scan through the online reviews to help you figure out which one is best for you.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Guanacaste?
That depends on your needs and what activities you want to do in Guanacaste. If you're having trouble deciding, make sure to read over the chart below. We have compared the most popular vehicle categories for you:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Guanacaste?
Normally, to rent a car in Guanacaste you must be at least 21—the same as it is across most of the country. Additionally, many suppliers charge an added fee if you are under 25. Be sure to read the rental agreement to determine what the exact price is before you rent your car.
Do I need insurance to rent a car in Guanacaste?
Most countries require driver's insurance. You may be able to purchase interim insurance through the rental car company.Many credit card issuers (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover) will cover your car rental. However, there may be limitations, like not covering large automobiles such as trucks or SUVs. Make sure to call and find out what kind of coverage is offered before you travel to Guanacaste.
What is the difference between all the fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Here is a list of the typical policies.
What type of fuel policy should I choose?
Many rental car suppliers offer a range of fuel policies. However, the stand-out winner is usually full-to-full. You simply bring the car back with the same amount of fuel you got it with. Just be sure you make time to shop for the cheapest gas prices.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
If you wish to check out all that Guanacaste offers, you are going to want unlimited miles. You can drive as far as you'd like without worrying about additional charges. Go over the fine print to make sure your mileage is actually "unlimited."
Before you leave the lot
Before you begin on your Guanacaste trip, make sure you check out a few items before you leave the rental lot. You should take time to:
- Walk around your car and make sure there is no dents or scratches. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Inspect the trunk to see if the spare is inflated and both the lug wrench and jack are there
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the entertainment and GPS (if available). It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are navigating a new city
Book your Guanacaste car rental today
Maybe you're traveling solo, maybe you're bringing your partner or kids, or maybe you're carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center. CarRentals.com has the ideal vehicle that can fit your needs and not break your wallet.