How can I get a cheap car rental in Galicia?
We've pulled together a list of our top tips and tricks to help you save on a car rental:
- A car can take you anywhere you want to go — so can the web. Compare the best deals from all the top rental companies in just a few clicks;
- Register for our Price Drop Alert email and be informed immediately when prices become cheaper for your next vacation destination;
- Research is the key to scoring the cheapest rentals deals in town, so be sure to take a look at both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you shell out for your ride;
- You can often save a pretty penny if your vacation plans are flexible. Look at different days and dates and find out what savings can be made;
- Pickup and drop-off times typically need to be the same (e.g, both 9 a.m.) or you might be charged for an entire extra day;
- Oftentimes companies reward you handsomely for prepaying — keep a lookout for these penny-pinching deals;
- Finally, lock in your booking as soon as possible to score a mountain of savings!
What is the most popular rental car category in Galicia?
Believe it or not, compact cars are the most popular rental car type in Galicia. And if you're planning to spend a lot of time driving around the hectic streets of Ourense or Lugo, you'll soon find out why. Swap the van or SUV for wheels that are compact and zippy — parking is a piece of cake and they're heaven to drive!
From coastal plains to rolling hills and impressive rock formations, Galicia is home to some dazzling scenery. Why not hit the highway and explore the best of them? Skip town and plan some exciting day trips. An SUV is ideal for those longer drives. With an ability to cope with all types of terrain, these larger vehicles make it a snap to hop off the beaten path.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Galicia?
Sometimes it's all about the journey, which makes your car choice particularly important. If you're about to embark on an amazing road trip around Galicia, a comfortable SUV could be your perfect match. If you're looking for the best possible price and plan on sticking mostly to the city, a budget compact is a clever pick. All you have to do is choose what's the best fit, throw your bags in the trunk, and clock up those miles.