Where is El Salvador?
El Salvador is ready and waiting. There's no end to the new adventures and experiences you can have once you hop behind the wheel of that rental car. To get everything you can out of your trip, here are a few basics that everybody should know. El Salvador is just one of the countries situated in Mexico and Central America, a stretch of land that is always ready to exhilarate and delight. Its capital is San Salvador. Home to some of the country's most well-renowned sights, it's a wonderful introduction to what this place is about.
What are the major attractions in El Salvador?
You're probably wondering what amazing sights are around the corner in El Salvador. Well sit down, buckle up and let us fill you in. Your first pit stop should be National Theater, 0.1 miles from the center of San Salvador. Not just any old attraction, this place captivates countless travelers every year.
What are the best road trip destinations in El Salvador?
El Salvador is an amazing place to hit the highways and back streets in your own rental vehicle. Turn up the music and enjoy the convenience of stopping off at all the region's treasures scattered between each of its most appealing tourist destinations. Experience some (or all) of this place's most famous cities:
- San Salvador (population of 526,000)
- Santa Ana (population of 176,700)
- San Miguel (population of 161,900)
- San Vicente (population of 41,500)
How can I get a cheap car rental in El Salvador?
Avoid spending an arm and a leg on a rental car by following these tips:
- A car can take you wherever you want — so can the web. Compare the best deals from all the top companies in just a few clicks;
- By submitting only your email address into our Price Drop Alert, you'll be notified of all the best bargains for your destination;
- Before you pick up your keys and get behind the wheel, check both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets to ensure you're scoring the best deal around;
- You can often save yourself some dollars if your vacation plans are flexible. Play with different days and dates and find out how much you can save;
- If possible, keep the time of your pickup and drop-off as similar as possible. If you return your car later than you picked it up, you might be required to pay for a whole extra day;
- Sometimes car rental companies reward you with discounts if you pay upfront, so keep an eye out for these penny-pinching offers;
- It's best to book as soon as your vacation dates are confirmed. The early bird gets the worm!
What is the most popular rental car category in El Salvador?
Sometimes it's good to think small, particularly if you'll be cruising the buzzing streets of San Salvador and Santa Ana. Economy rental cars are the number one pick for travelers in El Salvador — and there's a good deal to love about them. Easily zoom around town, get excellent gas mileage, and save money on rental fees. These inexpensive small cars prove bigger doesn't always mean better!
Of course, El Salvador is known for its beaches, sandy shores, and tablelands. It'd be a shame not to leave the city limits to discover those jaw-dropping scenes. If that's something you want to do, rent an SUV or a full-size vehicle. Even if you're not planning to steer off the beaten track, you'll be thankful for the extra legroom.
Should I get a luxury rental car in El Salvador?
For some, owning a prestige vehicle is the stuff that dreams are made of. But renting the car of your dreams is certainly within your grasp! Picture yourself rolling into town in a fancy convertible, even if it's only for a day or two. Or maybe all you're looking for is a budget ride to get you quickly and safely from point A to point B. Flashy or affordable? Either way, one thing's for sure — there's a rental car to suit your style in El Salvador.