Where is Cyprus?
There's no better way to experience a new country than from the driver's seat of a rental car. You'll have confidence hitting the road in Cyprus after getting to know some of the basics. Cyprus is among the fascinating countries that make up Europe. Zoom into the map and the capital, Nicosia, will appear. If you're hoping to experience the country's beating pulse, a stop here is a great idea.
What are the major attractions in Cyprus?
You might have trouble getting a parking spot right out the front of these popular attractions, but trust us — they're certainly worth a short wander. The very best thing about heading to Cyprus is ticking these off your to-do list: Europe Square (0.6 miles from the center of Larnaca) Paphos Lighthouse (1 mile from the center of Paphos) Kourion Ruins (1 mile from the center of Episkopi)
What are the best road trip destinations in Cyprus?
Cyprus is an incredible place to hit the open roads and highways behind the wheel of your own rental car. Crank up the music and enjoy the flexibility of checking out all the region's treasures scattered between each of its most popular tourist destinations. Try to cross off as many of this place's most famous destinations as possible:
- Limassol (population of 154,000)
- Larnaca (population of 72,000)
- Paphos (population of 36,000)
- Kyrenia (population of 26,700)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Cyprus?
Below we've listed all the tricks of the trade to help you save some serious cash:
- A car can take you anyplace — so can the web. Compare the cheapest deals from the top companies in town in just a couple of clicks;
- Make sure you check your inbox for our fantastic Price Drop Alert. We'll give you inside info on all the amazing bargains cruising around your location;
- Before you pick up your keys and get behind the wheel, check both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off locations to make sure you're getting your hands on the cheapest deal around;
- If you have some wiggle room in your schedule, play around with your dates to find better prices on different days of the week;
- Pickup and drop-off times often need to be the same or very similar (e.g, both 10 a.m.) or you could be required to pay for a full extra day;
- Some car rental outlets offer big incentives to pay right away, so keep a lookout for these money-saving offers;
- Don't let the deal you've been searching for slip through your grasp. Book as soon as possible and lock in your ideal ride.
What is the most popular rental car category in Cyprus?
Minis are the most popular type of rental car in Cyprus. Pick up the keys to one of these fuel-efficient little runabouts and you'll be able to dash around all the sights of Nicosia and Limassol with ease. They're more comfortable than you might expect — you can easily throw a weekend bag in the trunk if you're planning on cruising out of town.
If cruising down the open road and seeing natural wonders are your top priority, lock in a full-size car or an SUV. Cyprus has some beautiful beaches and mountains, so there are loads of options to get a fix of nature. These larger vehicles are an excellent fit for visitors who are into camping, or for longer road trips that call for a more comfortable ride.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Cyprus?
Sometimes it's all about the journey, which makes your car choice important. If you're about to head off on an epic road trip around Cyprus, a spacious SUV could be the best solution. If you're looking for the best possible deal and plan on staying mostly in the city, a budget compact is hard to beat. All you need to do is choose what suits you best, round up the troops, and hit the highway.