Where is Chile?
Chile is ready and waiting. There's no end to the new adventures you can have once you climb into that rental car. To really get the most out of your trip, here's some basic info that everyone ought to know. Chile is just one of the countries located in South America, a stretch of land that is always ready to exhilarate and amaze. Its capital is Santiago. Home to some of the country's most well-renowned attractions, it's a wonderful introduction to what this place is all about.
What are the major attractions in Chile?
If you're ready to begin your trip through Chile and thinking about what to include in your itinerary, listen up. We'll give you a few tips on places you just can't drive past. Load up the car and head toward San Cristobal Hill. You'll find this showstopper 1 mile from the prominent city of Santiago. After that, fill up the gas tank and explore Casa Mirador de Lukas. This famous attraction is 6 miles from Vina del Mar and just waiting to be ticked off your list.
What are the best road trip destinations in Chile?
Boasting miles and miles of beautiful highways and inviting open roads, many travelers opt to turn their Chile vacations into driving journeys. If you're planning an amazing road trip, you'll want to know which cities to add to your bucket list. Get out and discover some (or all) of this place's most well-known cities:
- Santiago (population of 4,837,300)
- Antofagasta (population of 309,800)
- Vina del Mar (population of 294,600)
- Temuco (population of 238,100)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Chile?
We've rounded up our best tips and tricks to help you keep more money in your pocket:
- Investigate as many different deals as possible (we make that chore as easy as pie!);
- Register for our Price Drop Alert service and immediately discover when prices fall for your destination;
- Before you pick up your car keys and get behind the wheel, take a look at both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off office locations to make sure you're scoring the best deal in town;
- You can sometimes save a few dollars if your plans are flexible. Look into different days and dates and find out what savings you can score;
- Nobody enjoys getting a late fee. Avoid the hassle of having to pay for another full day by ensuring your pickup and drop-off times are similar;
- Some companies reward you big time for prepaying — keep an eye open for these great deals;
- The early bird catches the worm, and also the hottest deals! Book now to drive off with some impressive savings.
What is the most popular rental car category in Chile?
Loads of fun to drive, a breeze to park, and inexpensive to run — it's not hard to see why minis are such a huge hit with visitors to Chile. Pick one up and you'll be nipping along the main streets of Santiago and Puente Alto in no time at all. Hoping to explore a bit more of the region? These little vehicles are great for short trips if you're traveling light.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Chile?
First of all, there's a great range of luxurious rental vehicles available in Chile. What you go with will depend on how much you want to spend and what you plan to do. Specialty and prestige vehicles offer the best in mod cons and comfort. If you're splurging, why not go for a fully kitted-out SUV, or perhaps a slick mid-size sedan? Alternatively, if you just need something to get from A to B as cheaply as possible, we can help you out with a versatile compact vehicle (or something else that won't burn a hole in your pocket).