Where is Chile?
Is there a better way to explore a new country than from the driver's seat of a rental car? You'll have confidence hitting the road in Chile after getting to know some of the basics. Situated on the continent of South America, Chile has plenty to offer every kind of traveler. No trip here could be considered complete without stopping off at the country's capital, Santiago.
What are the major attractions in Chile?
Can't wait to take off on your Chile adventure? Wondering what to put on your travel itinerary? Don't worry — we can steer you in the right direction. Here are some of the most iconic attractions in this thrilling destination:
- Church of San Francisco (1 mile from the center of Castro, Los Lagos (region))
- Chiloe National Park (16 miles from the center of Dalcahue, Los Lagos (region))
- San Marcos Cathedral (12 miles from the center of Arica, Iquique)
What are the best road trip destinations in Chile?
Chile is an incredible place to hit the highways and back streets in your own rental car. Turn up the music and enjoy the freedom and independence of visiting all the region's gems dotted between each of its most celebrated travel destinations. Get out and discover some (or all) of this place's most renowned cities:
- Santiago (population of 4,837,300)
- Antofagasta (population of 309,800)
- Vina del Mar (population of 294,600)
- Temuco (population of 238,100)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Chile?
Here's our recommendations on how to hit the road with extra cash in your wallet:
- Our clever filter feature will be your new best buddy. Compare the hottest bargains, from all of the top rental car companies, with just a few clicks;
- Make sure you check your inbox for our terrific Price Drop Alert. We'll keep you informed about all the hottest deals cruising around your next vacation destination;
- Before you get behind the wheel, check out both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets to ensure you're scoring the best deal around;
- If you're not too bothered about which day of the week you get the keys to your car and you've got a bit of flexibility with your travel schedule, browse around to see which days and dates give you the deal you're looking for;
- So you don't end up paying late fees or for a whole extra day, try to keep your pickup and drop-off times the same;
- Keep more hard-earned dollars in your wallet. You'll get some of the thriftiest deals when you prepay your vehicle;
- Don't let the deal you've been looking for slip through your fingers. Book as soon as you can and secure your dream set of wheels.