Where is Chiapas?
Sure, there's something to be said for floating around like a free spirit. But sometimes you have to know what direction you're taking. Before you start up your rental car and hurtle down the open road, you might want to learn a little bit about Chiapas. Find out a bit about Mexico, because that's where you'll need to go to get your adventure on the road.
What are the best road trip destinations in Chiapas?
Chiapas is a wonderful place to take to the highways and back streets in your own rental vehicle. Crank up your favorite playlist and enjoy the convenience of stopping off at all the hidden gems dotted between each of its top destinations. Get to know some (or all) of this place's most popular cities:
- Tapachula (population of 198,000)
- San Cristobal de las Casas (population of 129,000)
- Comitan de Dominguez (population of 79,900)
- Palenque (population of 36,700)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Chiapas?
Here are our recommendations on how to hop behind the wheel of a rental car with extra cash in your wallet:
- Check out as many different deals as you can (we make that chore a pushover!);
- By submitting only your email address into our Price Drop Alert, you'll know all the best offers for your desired location;
- Search both airport and non-airport locations to ensure you're scoring the cheapest offer in town;
- If you don't mind which day of the week you collect the keys to your car and your travel plans are flexible, play around with days and dates to find the best prices;
- Pickup and drop-off times typically need to be similar (e.g, both 10 a.m.) or you may be required to pay for an entire extra day;
- Keep more dollars in your back pocket. You'll score some of the cheapest deals when you prepay your rental vehicle;
- Last of all, secure your preferred vehicle as soon as possible to score a truckload of savings!
What is the most popular rental car category in Chiapas?
Small but roomy, intermediate vehicles strike the perfect balance between comfort and affordability. Hurl your gear in the trunk and enjoy a road trip around Chiapas in this popular ride. With bucketloads of storage space and great gas mileage, it's little wonder they get snapped up quickly. If you plan to travel around Tapachula or San Cristobal de las Casas, you'll love that these mid-size vehicles are simple to navigate and a piece of cake to park.
From coastal plains to sandy shores and rolling hills, Chiapas boasts some striking natural areas. Why not get out and take in one or two of them? Skip town and plan some day trips. An SUV is suited to longer drives. Built to tackle all kinds of roads, these bigger vehicles make it a delight to steer off the beaten path.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Chiapas?
For some people, owning a high-end vehicle may be somewhat out of reach. But renting the car of your dreams is far easier than you think! Imagine the thrill of rolling into town in a high-end convertible, even if it's only for a little while. Or perhaps you're just after a set of wheels to get you safely from A to B. Affordable or flashy? Whatever you decide, there's a rental car to suit you in Chiapas.