What are the major attractions in Avalon?
If your trip to Avalon is all sorted out but your itinerary is a little on the empty side, we can give you a few hints and tips.
Adventure awaits around every turn here. Some of the most popular attractions close by are Kevin Hoffman Walk, Lara Heritage and Historical Museum and Serendip Sanctuary. Leave enough space on your itinerary to see them all.
What are the best road trip destinations near Avalon?
If you've crossed off all the major sights in Avalon, don't be in a rush to take off your comfy sightseeing shoes just yet. You'll find some iconic attractions on your doorstep. Federation Square needs no introduction. Located about 31 miles away in Melbourne, your itinerary should include this unmissable sight.
Where are the best beaches near Avalon?
One of the benefits of having your own ride while you're in Avalon is that you can spend time at some of the area's stunning beaches whether it's sunny or rainy. So, grab your sunglasses (or a raincoat) and get ready to check out these well-loved options:
- Eastern Beach Swimming Enclosure (8 miles away).
- Raffs Beach (16 miles away).
Where are the best convention centers near Avalon?
If you're in town to attend a business conference, you'll find Geelong Performing Arts Center situated 9 miles away. During one of your breaks, make your way to a nearby café to grab a few moments to yourself — networking and socializing can be draining.
How can I get a cheap car rental in Avalon?
We've put together a list of all the tricks of the trade to help you save some serious cash:
- Investigate as many different offers as possible (we make that task a walk in the park!);
- Make sure you check your inbox for our popular Price Drop Alert. We'll keep you informed about all the amazing bargains cruising around your location;
- Before you pick up your car keys and hop behind the wheel, take a look at both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off locations to ensure you're bagging the best deal around;
- If your pickup and drop-off dates are not set in stone, see if you can get a lower price by choosing different days of the week in your search;
- Pickup and drop-off times usually need to be around the same time (e.g, both 10 a.m.) or you could be asked to pay for a whole extra day;
- Oftentimes companies reward you for paying upfront — watch out for these penny-pinching deals;
- Finally, lock in your booking as soon as you can to score the biggest savings!
What kind of rental car should I get for Avalon?
Rent some wheels and explore Avalon at your own pace. Love to head out into some nearby natural areas? Go with an SUV. This vehicle is ideal for those who want adventure in the great outdoors. Just want to get from A to B and traveling lightly? If you're not planning on driving far, a compact or a mini is an excellent option.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Avalon?
There's plenty of choice when it comes to renting a car in Avalon. From people-movers with plenty of room to spare to economy rides that are a snap to park, you'll find it all here. Deciding on your perfect match depends on how much you'd like to spend and what you intend to do. Some road trips are just begging you to splurge on your dream ride, whereas other adventures don't need anything more than enough space for your luggage and buddies. What type of car will it be this time?