Where is Atacama?
There's nothing like dropping the windows of your rental car and coasting down a long, open road. But before you drive away on a new adventure in Atacama, how about discovering a few things about this travel hot spot? This awesome destination can be found in Chile.
Where are the best road trip destinations in Atacama?
You can't beat the convenience factor of having your own rental car. Atacama is fortunate to have many exciting destinations, and you deserve to appreciate them all at your own speed. Your GPS will guide you to this destination's best places:
How can I get a cheap car rental in Atacama?
Here are our recommendations on how to get behind the wheel of a rental car with some extra cash in your wallet:
- Check out as many different bargain car rental deals as possible (we make that task child's play!);
- Arrange an email Price Drop Alert for your upcoming vacation destination. You never know what awesome deals will drive straight into your inbox;
- Before you pick up your car keys and jump behind the wheel, check both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off office locations to make sure you're getting your hands on the best deal around;
- If your pickup and drop-off dates are not set in stone, try scoring a better price by switching up the days in your search;
- No one enjoys getting a late fee. Avoid the trouble of having to pay for another day by ensuring your pickup and drop-off times are around the same time;
- Keep more cash in your back pocket. You'll grab some of the thriftiest deals when you pay in advance for your rental;
- Last of all, lock in your wheels as soon as you can to score a ton of savings!
What is the most popular rental car category in Atacama?
Fun to drive, a piece of cake to park, and economical to run — it isn't difficult to see why minis are such a big hit with travelers to Atacama. Pick one up and you'll be zipping along the main streets of Copiapó and Vallenar in the blink of an eye. Hoping to get out and explore a bit more of the area? These nifty vehicles are great for short, scenic outings if you're traveling light.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Atacama?
First of all, there's a huge range of both high-end and economy vehicles to rent in Atacama. What you end up going with is largely dependent on how much you're willing to spend as well as what you plan to do. Prestige vehicles offer unparalleled comfort and class. If you want to indulge yourself, why not grab an elite SUV, or perhaps a flashy mid-sized sedan? Otherwise, if you're just after something to get you from A to B at the cheapest price possible, go for a budget compact vehicle (or something else that's unlikely to break the bank).