What are the major attractions in Sri Lanka?
You might find it tricky getting a parking space right out the front of these iconic attractions, but trust us — they're definitely worth a little stroll. The very best thing about an adventure in Sri Lanka is ticking these off your bucket list:
- Ancient City of Sigiriya (6 miles from the center of Matale District)
- Dambulla Cave Temple (5 miles from the center of Dambulla)
- Ancient City of Sigiriya (6 miles from the center of Central Province)
What are the best road trip destinations in Sri Lanka?
Adventure awaits around every twist and turn of this wonderful area. Sri Lanka is one of those special places where the journey is just as thrilling as each of its stunning destinations. With your own ride, you can take as little or as long as you like exploring all there is to see. Try to check off as many of this place's most outstanding destinations as possible:
- Colombo (population of 648,000)
- Mount Lavinia (population of 219,800)
- Moratuwa (population of 185,000)
- Jaffna (population of 169,100)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Sri Lanka?
Below we've listed the best ways to help you save on a rental car:
- A car can take you anywhere — so can the web. Compare the cheapest deals from the top companies in town in just a couple of clicks;
- Subscribe to our Price Drop Alert email and be informed immediately when prices become cheaper for your desired location;
- Weigh up the deals at all rental locations around town, including the airport terminal and its surrounds. A short cab drive to a nearby rental car office could mean some generous savings;
- If you're not worried about which day of the week you pick up the keys to your car and your travel plans are flexible, play around with days and dates to find the best prices;
- Pickup and drop-off times often need to be around the same time (e.g, both 9 a.m.) or you could be asked to pay for an entire extra day;
- Some companies reward you for prepaying — keep a lookout for these offers;
- Don't let the deal you've been searching for slip through your fingers. Book as soon as possible and secure your dream set of wheels.
What is the most popular rental car category in Sri Lanka?
Searching for something that won't cost a fortune? Say hello to the economy car. This efficient vehicle is the most popular sort of rental car in Sri Lanka (and just the ticket if you're sticking to a budget). Put gas in the tank for less and you'll be zipping around cities like Colombo and Mount Lavinia in no time.
From sandy shores to coral reefs and rural landscapes, Sri Lanka features some dazzling natural areas. Why not get out and enjoy a couple of them? Leave the city behind and plan some fun day trips. An SUV is well suited to those longer rides. With an ability to handle all kinds of roads, these bigger vehicles make it easy to detour from the beaten track.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Sri Lanka?
For some of us, owning a luxury vehicle is little more than a pipe dream. But renting your dream car is far more achievable than you might think! Imagine the joy of cruising down the highway in a fancy sports car, even if it's only for a short while. Or perhaps all you want is a budget ride to bring you from A to B. Affordable or flashy? Either way, one thing's for sure — there's a rental car to suit your style in Sri Lanka.