Where is Sri Lanka?
Driving in unfamiliar territory is a daunting experience for some, but you don't have to stress. Get your head around the following facts and you'll be guiding your rental car through the winding roads of Sri Lanka in no time at all. You'll find Sri Lanka on the continent of Asia. Zoom further into the map and the capital, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte, will come into view. If you want to find out how the country is run, a stop here is a no-brainer.
What are the major attractions in Sri Lanka?
What's the point of picking up a rental car if you're not going to see this place's biggest and best sights? Sri Lanka boasts some truly unforgettable attractions. Here are a few you won't want to miss:
- Negombo Beach (2 miles from the center of Negombo, Gampaha District)
- Dambulla Cave Temple (5 miles from the center of Dambulla, Matale District)
- Ancient City of Sigiriya (6 miles from the center of Dambulla, Matale District)
What are the best road trip destinations in Sri Lanka?
With long stretches of glorious highways and inviting open roads, many travelers opt to turn their Sri Lanka vacations into self-drive tours. If you're organizing an unforgettable road trip, it pays to know which destinations to add to your itinerary. Here are some of the most well-known regions to visit in this beautiful place:
- Kalmunai (population of 100,200)
- Vavuniya (population of 60,200)
- Ratnapura (population of 47,800)
- Kurunegala (population of 28,600)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Sri Lanka?
Here are our top tips on how to get behind the wheel of a rental car with extra cash in your pocket:
- Our convenient filter feature is going to become your new bestie. Scan the biggest deals, from all of the top rental car companies, quick as a flash;
- By entering only your email address (and not your entire personal details, life history and dog's middle name) into our Price Drop Alert, you'll know all the best deals for your destination;
- Before you pick up your car keys and get behind the wheel, check out both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets to make sure you're getting the hottest deal in town;
- If you're not bothered about which day of the week you pick up the keys to your car and you've got a bit of flexibility with your travel plans, have a browse around to see which days and dates give you the best rates;
- See if you can keep the time of your pickup and drop-off as similar as possible. If you return your car later than you picked it up, you could be charged an entire extra day;
- Keep more hard-earned dollars in your pocket. You'll grab some of the thriftiest deals when you prepay your rental car;
- And lastly, secure your favorite vehicle as soon as possible to bag a ton of savings!