Where is Russia?
Driving in a new and unfamiliar country is a daunting thought for some people, but there's no need to worry. Get your head around the following facts and you'll be cruising your rental car along the roads and highways of Russia before you know it. Russia lies on the continent of Europe, a land mass that never fails to exhilarate and amaze. Its capital is Moscow. Home to some of the country's most well-renowned attractions, it's the perfect introduction to what makes this place tick.
What are the major attractions in Russia?
What's the point of picking up a rental car if you aren't going to see this destination's most iconic sights? Russia is home to some truly breathtaking attractions. Here are some you shouldn't miss:
- Penza Zoo (3 miles from the center of Penza, Penza Oblast)
- Penza Regional Museum (2 miles from the center of Penza, Penza Oblast)
- Penza State University (2 miles from the center of Penza, Penza Oblast)
What are the best road trip destinations in Russia?
With long stretches of well-maintained highways and tempting open roads, many travelers choose to turn their Russia vacations into driving getaways. If you're planning a road trip to remember, you'll need to know which destinations to add to your to-do list. Here are some of the most popular cities in this exciting place:
- Moscow (population of 10,381,200)
- Novosibirsk (population of 1,419,000)
- Yekaterinburg (population of 1,349,800)
- Nizhny Novgorod (population of 1,284,200)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Russia?
Here's a rundown of our top recommendations if you want to bag the cheapest possible car rental:
- Our handy filter feature will become your new best buddy. Scan all of the cheapest bargains, from all of the top rental car companies, quick as a flash;
- Sign up for our Price Drop Alert and immediately discover when prices fall for your destination;
- Research is the key to bagging the best rental bargains in town, so be sure to check out both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you book your ride;
- If your dates are not etched in stone, try getting a better deal by changing the days in your search;
- To avoid paying late fees or for a whole extra day, aim to keep your pickup and drop-off times as similar as possible;
- If you're hoping to save a few dollars, pay in advance and zoom off with some of the thriftiest rates around;
- The early bird catches the biggest worm, and also the best deals! Book now to drive off with some impressive savings, on top of your ideal set of wheels.