Where is Honduras?
Honduras is ready and waiting. There's no end to the new experiences you'll be able to have once you climb into that rental car. To get everything you can out of your trip, here are some basics that everybody should know. Honduras is situated on the continent of Mexico and Central America, a land mass that is always ready to surprise and amaze. Its capital is Tegucigalpa. Home to some of the country's most popular attractions, it's the perfect introduction to what makes this place tick.
What are the best road trip destinations in Honduras?
With almost endless well-maintained highways and inviting open roads, many travelers opt to turn their Honduras vacations into driving journeys. If you're putting together an unforgettable road trip, you'll want to know which cities to add to your bucket list. Try to tick off as many of this place's most well-known destinations as possible:
- Tegucigalpa (population of 850,800)
- San Pedro Sula (population of 489,500)
- La Ceiba (population of 130,200)
- El Progreso (population of 100,800)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Honduras?
We've compiled our best tips and tricks to help you save on a rental car:
- A car can take you wherever you want to go — so can the web. Compare the cheapest deals from all the top companies in a couple of clicks;
- Sign up for our Price Drop Alert email and immediately find out when prices get lower for your next vacation destination;
- Include both airport and non-airport pickup office locations to make sure you're scoring the cheapest deal around;
- If your vacation dates are not written in stone, see if you can get a better price by choosing different days of the week in your search;
- To avoid paying a late fee or an extra day, try to keep your pickup and drop-off times the same;
- Sometimes car rental companies reward you with discounts if you pay as soon as you book, so keep your eyes peeled for these great offers;
- The early bird catches the biggest worm, and also the hottest deals! Book now to grab some impressive savings, on top of your ideal set of wheels.