Where is Guatemala?
There's something to be said for living like a free spirit. But sometimes you just need to know which way you're going. Before you turn the engine over in your rental car and hurtle down the freeway, you should learn a few things about Guatemala. Familiarize yourself with Guatemala, because that's where you'll need to head to get your adventure underway.
How can I get a cheap car rental in Guatemala?
Avoid spending an arm and a leg on a rental car by following our recommendations:
- Look into as many different offers as you can (we make that chore a piece of cake!);
- Make sure you check your inbox for our terrific Price Drop Alert. We'll keep you in the know about all the great deals cruising around your location;
- Research is the key to getting the cheapest rentals deals in town, so be sure to take a look at both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you pay for your ride;
- You can sometimes save a pretty penny if your vacation plans are flexible. Compare different days and dates and see what savings you can score;
- Try to keep your pickup time and your drop-off time the same. If you return your car at a later time than you picked it up, you may be charged an entire extra day;
- Some places reward you for prepaying — keep your eyes peeled for these money-saving offers;
- Last but not least, lock in your favorite vehicle as soon as you can to grab yourself a mountain of savings!
What is the most popular rental car category in Guatemala?
Compact cars are by far the most popular type of rental car in Guatemala. And if you want to spend tons of time driving around the hectic streets of Guatemala City or Mixco, you'll understand why. Ditch that hulking SUV for a ride that's cool and compact — parking is effortless and they're heaven to drive!
That said, Guatemala is widely known for its gorges, canyons, and rivers. Many eager adventurers hightail it out of the city to tour these glorious vistas. If that sounds enticing, look into an SUV or a full-size car. Even if you don't intend to take the road less traveled, you'll be thankful for all that extra space.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Guatemala?
There's more than enough choice when it comes to renting a car in Guatemala. From people-movers with plenty of room to spare to zippy compacts that make parking a cinch, you'll find it all here. Selecting your perfect match depends on your budget and what you intend to do. Some road trips are just begging you to splurge on your dream ride, whereas other adventures don't need more than enough space for your luggage and buddies. Which will it be this time?