What are the best road trip destinations in Guam?
With an abundance of glorious highways and open roads, many travelers opt to turn their Guam vacations into driving getaways. If you're putting together an epic road trip, it pays to know which cities to put on your bucket list. Experience some (or all) of this place's most popular cities:
- Dededo (population of 44,900)
- Yigo (population of 20,500)
- Tamuning (population of 19,700)
- Mangilao (population of 15,200)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Guam?
Below we've listed the best ways to help you keep more money in your pocket:
- Investigate as many different offers as possible (we make that chore a breeze!);
- Set up an email Price Drop Alert for your upcoming vacation destination. You never know what awesome bargains will hightail it into your inbox;
- Peruse the offers at all rental locations around town, including the airport and its surrounds. A brief cab ride to a neighboring rental car office might result in significant savings;
- If you don't mind which day of the week you pick up the keys to your car and your plans are flexible, experiment with days and dates to find the best rates;
- Do what you can to keep your pickup time and your drop-off time the same. If you bring back your rental car at a later time than you picked it up, you may be charged a whole extra day;
- Keep more cash in your bank account. You'll get some of the best deals when you prepay your rental;
- It's best to make a reservation as soon as your dates are set. You'll get the biggest selection early on.
What is the most popular rental car category in Guam?
Compact cars are the most booked category of rental car in Guam. And if you're about to spend the majority of your time driving around the crowded streets of Dededo or Yigo, you'll soon find out why. Swap the heavy, lumbering SUV for something cool and compact — parking is a snap and they're heaven to drive!
Of course, Guam is well known for its beaches, sandy shores, and coral reefs. It'd be a shame not to hightail it out of the city to discover those natural gems. If that sounds enticing, book an SUV or a full-size car. Even if you don't intend to take the path less traveled, you'll value the extra room.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Guam?
For some of us, owning a prestige vehicle is a little (or a lot!) out of reach. But renting your dream car is absolutely within your grasp! Imagine the thrill of cruising into town in a fancy convertible, even if it's only for a little while. Or maybe all you want is a cheap ride to bring you from A to B. Flashy or affordable? Either way, there's a rental car to suit you in Guam.