Where is Cambodia?
Cambodia is waiting. There's no end to the adventures you'll be able to have once you climb into the driver's seat of that rental car. To get as much as possible out of your trip, here are a few basics that everybody ought to know. One of the countries located in Asia, Cambodia has plenty to offer all kinds of travelers. No trip here would be complete without stopping by the nation's capital, Phnom Penh.
What are the major attractions in Cambodia?
An extraordinary road trip begins with a quality car — together with a long list of incredible sights en route! We've got the lowdown on a few Cambodia landmarks that are begging for a pit stop. Get behind the wheel and head in the direction of Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum. This renowned attraction is 1 mile from the major city of Phnom Penh. After that, fill up the gas tank and make a beeline toward Angkor Wat. This famous attraction is 4 miles from Siem Reap and just waiting to be crossed off your itinerary.
What are the best road trip destinations in Cambodia?
With a wealth of glorious highways and inviting open roads, many travelers choose to turn their Cambodia vacations into self-drive tours. If you're planning the road trip of a lifetime, it pays to know which cities are worthy of your bucket list. Get out and explore some (or all) of this place's most popular cities:
- Phnom Penh (population of 1,573,500)
- Sihanoukville (population of 156,700)
- Battambang (population of 150,400)
- Siem Reap (population of 139,500)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Cambodia?
Below you'll find our top suggestions if you want to bag the cheapest possible rental car:
- Our terrific filter feature is going to be your new best buddy. Check out the biggest deals from all of the top rental car companies with just a few clicks;
- Make sure you check your inbox for our popular Price Drop Alert. We'll keep you informed about all the amazing bargains cruising around your next vacation destination;
- Include both airport and non-airport pickup locations to be sure you're scoring the best price in town;
- If you're not bothered about which day of the week you get the keys to your car and your schedule is flexible, experiment with days and dates to find the best prices;
- Nobody enjoys being slapped with a late fee. Avoid the stress of having to pay for another full day by ensuring your pickup and drop-off times are similar;
- Some companies reward you for paying upfront — keep an eye out for these kinds of deals;
- The early bird catches the biggest worm, and also the best deals! Book as soon as possible to grab some excellent savings.
What is the most popular rental car category in Cambodia?
It's always good to get out of the city for a while, and if you do, get ready to be richly rewarded. With coastal plains, jungles, and lakes to marvel at, Cambodia knows how to do an exciting day trip. A bigger vehicle like an SUV or a four-wheel drive will give you more room to move for those longer rides.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Cambodia?
There's more than enough choice when it comes to rental cars in Cambodia. From luxury models to economy rides that are a snap to park, you'll find it all here. Choosing your perfect match depends on your budget and what activities you plan on doing. There are some road trips that are just begging you to splurge on your dream ride, whereas others don't need more than an engine and four wheels.