Car rentals in Palm Springs: All you need to know
You need a great car to get around Palm Springs whether you're traveling for a business or pleasure. Explore the famous sites around the city and park in front of the best restaurants in Palm Springs. We've collected your most frequently asked questions about car rentals in Palm Springs. Read on to discover which vehicle is perfect for your trip, and how to get the best rates.
How do I get a bargain car rental in Palm Springs?
You're well on your way to locating the best rate on your car rental when you use CarRentals.com. But, there are ways to get an even lower price on your upcoming booking. You can:
- Compare and contrast the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually get the car of your choice and save more
- Learn about any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. This way you can make sure you know the actual cost before you book
- Determine what car you'll need for your trip. Don't get more car than you need
These tips can help you save even more on your next car rental in Palm Springs.
What rental suppliers have outlets in Palm Springs?
From global names like Hertz and Enterprise to budget-friendly brands like Thrifty and Budget, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Look through the online reviews to get an idea of which one is best for you.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Palm Springs?
That depends on how many people you are traveling with and what you'll be doing when you visit Palm Springs. If you're having difficulty deciding, make sure to look over the chart below. We've compared the most popular types of cars for you:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Palm Springs?
Generally, to rent a car in Palm Springs you must be at least 21. However, you may find that there is an added fee if you are under the age of 25 or for larger or higher category cars. Go through the terms to figure out what the exact price will be before you reserve your rental.
Does Palm Springs require rental car insurance?
Almost all countries require the driver to have insurance. You may be able to pay for interim insurance through the rental car supplier. Otherwise, as a United States citizen, you can also add on Collision Damage Coverage through CarRentals.com at checkout. Several credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover) will cover your car rental. However, many of them have restrictions, such as not covering bigger vehicles like premium models or some SUVs. It is best to call and find out what kind of coverage is offered before you travel to Palm Springs.
What are the different fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Below is a list of the most common ones.
What fuel policy do you recommend?
Many suppliers offer a range of fuel policies. However, the stand-out choice is usually full-to-full. It simply means returning the car with the same level of gas as you got it with, so you'll never pay for anyone else's road trips through the Palm Springs.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Palm Springs?
Unlimited mileage is a good option for those who don't want to worry about incurring any extra charges with the distance they drive. You will just need to make sure there's nothing else in the small print that could add in extra costs.
Before you leave the lot
Be sure you check out a few items before you leave the rental lot. It's important to:
- Look over the car and make certain there is no dents or scrapes. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Inspect the trunk to see if the spare is inflated and the necessary tools to change it are there
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Get comfortable operating the radio or entertainment features. It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are driving around a new area
Book your Palm Springs rental car today
Use CarRentals.com to get the best wheels Palm Springs has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be cruising between the well-known restaurants, renowned landmarks, and all the must-see sites in Palm Springs.