What are the major attractions in Wallingford?
If your trip to Wallingford is all booked but your itinerary is looking a little empty, we can give you a helping hand.
Close to the city center, Choate Rosemary Hall is one sight to consider adding to your must-see list. Paul Mellon Arts Center and Wallingford Public Library are also close by and worth taking the time to see.
What are the best road trip destinations near Wallingford?
There's no need to limit your adventures to just Wallingford. Hartford is only 22 miles away and is home to a great range of nearby attractions, such as Bushnell Park. Mark Twain House is also a popular attraction.
Where are the best beaches near Wallingford?
Nothing says vacation like jumping in the car and heading to the coast. Wallingford has some gorgeous beaches nearby, so grab something to read (and a kite if the wind's blowing) and head to one of these fantastic options:
- Double Beach (12 miles away).
- Sandy Point Beach (16 miles away).
- East Haven Town Beach (16 miles away).
Where are the best convention centers near Wallingford?
If you're attending a corporate conference in Wallingford, you might want to follow up with your new connections over some food and coffee. Fortunately, these convention centers offer some wonderful cafés and restaurants close by:
- Wadsworth Mansion (9 miles away).
- Savin Rock Conference Center (16 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Wallingford?
Here are our top tips on how to jump behind the wheel of a rental car with extra cash in your pocket:
- Use our handy filter tool to steer you toward the cheapest car rental rates in town — then compare the prices;
- Set an email Price Drop Alert for your next vacation destination. You never know what sensational bargains will hightail it into your inbox;
- Weigh up the bargains at all rental locations, including the airport and its vicinity. A short cab ride to a close-by car rental outlet might result in big savings;
- You can often save a few dollars if your vacation plans are flexible. Play with different days and dates and see how much you can save;
- Try to keep the time of your pickup and drop-off the same. If you bring back your rental car at a later time than you picked it up, you might be charged an extra day;
- If you'd love to keep some extra cash in your pocket, pay right away and score some of the cheapest rates around;
- And finally, secure your booking as soon as you possibly can to bag a load of savings!
What kind of rental car should I get for Wallingford?
No other mode of transportation can give you freedom and flexibility like your own car. Whatever the reason for your trip to Wallingford, CarRentals.com has a fantastic range of vehicles to drive off in. Spending a weekend in the city with your other half? Turn up the romance by going for a convertible. A delight to drive and a cinch to park, you'll love sitting alongside each other in one of these little rides. An SUV is ideal for families. There's enough room for everyone and you can venture where you want, when you want. If you're on the road for business, a premium car will transport you from your hotel to the boardroom in serious style.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Wallingford?
For some people, owning a prestige vehicle is the stuff of fairy tales. But renting your dream ride can easily be a reality! Imagine cruising the open roads in a snazzy convertible, even if it's only for a day or two. Or perhaps all you're chasing is a trusty set of wheels to get you from point A to point B. Flashy or thrifty? Whatever you decide, one thing's for sure — there's a rental car to suit you in Wallingford.