What are the major attractions in Texas City?
If your trip to Texas City is all booked but your itinerary is a little on the empty side, we can give you a helping hand.
Stop by Texas City Museum. It's one sight you'll find on many travelers' must-do lists. If you still have space on your travel itinerary, Persimmon Gap Visitor Center and Texas City Dike will keep you occupied, as well.
What are the best road trip destinations near Texas City?
Make sure you have enough gas in the tank, because there are some great reasons to get out and explore beyond Texas City. They include Downtown Aquarium in Houston — a tempting road-trip destination just 37 miles away. Need another good reason to head there? Toyota Center is also within easy reach.
Where are the best beaches near Texas City?
Fill up the gas tank, turn on the engine and get ready to feel the salty air in your hair. Texas City offers some lovely stretches of coastline, such as:
- Porretto Beach (10 miles away).
- East Beach (11 miles away).
- El Jardin Del Mar (16 miles away).
Where are the best convention centers near Texas City?
If you're primarily here for work-related reasons, you'll likely be making your way to Galveston Island Convention Center. You'll find it 10 miles away.
How can I get a cheap car rental in Texas City?
We've rounded up the best ways to help you save:
- Our nifty filter tool will be your new bestie. Size up the cheapest deals from all of the top companies as quick as a flash;
- Keep an eye on your inbox for our fantastic Price Drop Alert. We'll give you inside info on all the great deals cruising around your location;
- Check out the bargains at all rental locations around town, being sure to include both the airport and its surrounds. A short cab journey to a neighboring car rental center might result in some generous savings;
- You can sometimes save a pretty penny if your travel plans are flexible. Look into different days and dates and see how much you can save;
- No one enjoys being hit with a late fee. Avoid the stress of having to pay for another full day by making sure your pickup and drop-off times are similar;
- If you're looking to keep some extra cash in your pocket, prepay for your rental and get some of the thriftiest rates around;
- The early bird catches the worm, along with the best deals! Book as soon as possible to score some impressive savings.
What kind of rental car should I get for Texas City?
No other mode of transportation can offer you freedom and flexibility like your own set of wheels. No matter the reason for your journey to Texas City, CarRentals.com has a fantastic selection of vehicles for you to choose from. On a city break with your significant other? Rev up the romance by renting a compact car or a mini. Great fun to drive and a piece of cake to park, you'll adore sitting alongside each other in one of these cute rides. A minivan is perfect for large families. There's room enough for everyone and you can venture wherever you want, when you want. If your trip is all about business, a premium car will transport you from meeting to conference in comfort and style.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Texas City?
You'll be glad to hear that there's an impressive variety of both economy and luxury rental vehicles in Texas City. What you end up going for is largely dependent on what you're willing to spend and what you're planning to do. Prestige vehicles often spare no expense when it comes to comfort and class. If you're splashing out, why not book an elite SUV, or perhaps a cushy mid-sized vehicle? On the other hand, if you just need something to get you around town as efficiently as possible, go for an economy compact vehicle (or something else that's unlikely to break the bank).