What are the major attractions in Oakland?
The wider area is renowned for some top-notch hiking and shore fishing. So why don't you jump in a car, breathe in some clean, fresh air and spend some time in nature?
What are the best road trip destinations near Oakland?
Want to see what's happening in nearby Accident? What's 17 miles when you've got your own rental car? Anyway, the drive itself is half the fun! Among your first few stops here ought to be Wisp Resort, Funland and The Drane House. Locals will also probably point you towards Thomas, 18 miles away. If you can only see one thing here, let it be Blackwater Falls State Park. (But we're also big fans of the Fairfax Stone Historical Monument Park and Timberline Four Season Resort.)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Oakland?
Below we've listed all the tricks of the trade to help you keep more money in your pocket:
- Use our handy filter tool to point you towards the cheapest car deals in town — then compare the prices;
- Take advantage of our Price Drop Alert email and be informed immediately when prices fall for your location;
- Before you pick up your car keys and jump behind the wheel, check out both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off office locations to make sure you're bagging the hottest deal around;
- If you've got a bit of room to move timing-wise, play around with your dates slightly to find cheaper prices on different days of the week;
- See if you can keep your pickup time and your drop-off time the same. If you bring back your car at a later time than you picked it up, you might be required to pay for an extra day;
- Sometimes rental companies offer big incentives to pay in advance, so look out for these money-saving deals;
- The early bird catches the worm, along with the hottest deals! Book as soon as possible to secure some great savings, on top of your perfect set of wheels.