Car rentals in Merritt Island: All you need to know
You need a great car to take you around Merritt Island whether you're going for a business trip or a vacation. Check out the top sites around the area and park in front of the popular restaurants in Merritt Island. We've answered your most popular questions about renting a car in Merritt Island. Find out how to get the best rates on your ideal vehicle.
Where do I get a great deal on a car rental in Merritt Island?
We always try to get you the best deal. However, there are ways to get an even cheaper price on your upcoming booking. Make sure to:
- Compare and contrast daily and weekly rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually get your vehicle of your choice and save more
- Be aware of any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. That way you will know the actual cost before you rent
- Don't get more vehicle than you need. Generally, the smaller the class the lower the rate
Even a little knowledge can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental companies have outlets in Merritt Island?
From global names like Advantage and Hertz to budget-friendly brands like Fox and Budget, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Scan through the reviews to get an idea of which one is best for you.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Merritt Island?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this Florida metropolis means you're bound to find an automobile that is perfect for you. Some options include:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Merritt Island?
Usually, to rent a car in Merritt Island you must be at least 21. Please note, you may find that there is an additional fee if you are under the age of 25 or for higher category vehicles in particular. Go through the terms to find what the exact price is before you rent your vehicle.
Will I need insurance to get a car rental in Merritt Island?
Insurance is required, wherever you're renting a car. However, your current car insurance may cover you. Additionally, if you pay for the rental in full using your credit card, the card's benefits may also insure you. Keep in mind, your policies may not cover you 100%, and you'll need to add it to your booking for Merritt Island. Look into it before you book and, if it's needed, you can just add it at checkout.
What are the different fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Below is a list of the most common ones.
You will need to find an open gas station close to your car rental supplier
What fuel policy should I get?
We usually recommend that you choose the full-to-full policy. This policy is the most straightforward, and you simply top off the tank before you bring it back.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Merritt Island?
Unlimited miles is a great choice if you decide to do a little sightseeing or visit a lot of clients all over Merritt Island. You can drive as much as you want and not incur added charges. Be sure to read your rental agreement to see if there are mileage restrictions.
Before you drive off
Make sure you go over a few items before you leave the rental lot on your Merritt Island adventure. You should take time to:
- Look over your car and determine if there is any damage or scrapes. If you notice any, mark it down on your paperwork
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and wipers
- Figure out how to work the entertainment and GPS (if available). You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Merritt Island car rental today
When you book with CarRentals.com, you know you can depend on a grand vehicle that will leave you with cash to spare. Book today to cash in on cheap deals on your ideal Merritt Island car rental. See you around town.